- Big Data Talent War: 10 Analytics Job Trends - Mar 29, 2012.
A gap is emerging among data-savvy professionals, with big-data-analysis and predictive skills trumping routine business-intelligence and information-management talents.
- Top 10 in Data Mining - Mar 27, 2012.
We look at top 10 research keywords, authors, publications, organizations, and more. Which keywords have grown the most in the last 5 years?
- Big Data's Open Source Momentum - Mar 26, 2012.
Big Data is an ecosystem in which the open-source approaches have the greatest momentum: the most widespread adoption and the most feverish innovation. Open-source platforms are expanding their footprint in advanced analytics.
- KDnuggets 12:n07, Will Big Data replace Domain Knowledge? Big Growth for Big Data - Mar 22, 2012.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features (9) | Courses, Events (4) | Webcasts (2) | Software (3) | Jobs (11) | Academic (3) | Publications (5) | NewsBriefs (4) | CFP (13)
- Big Data for Enterprise - Free Report: Technology, Strategy, Adoption, Outlook - Mar 20, 2012.
To mark the launch of Big Data for Enterprise conference (June 27-28, San Francisco), Data Driven Business is offering a report full of practical advice, recommendations and predictions from big data experts.
- Avinash Kaushik on Data Democracy, Making Love to Data, and Unknown Unknowns - Mar 18, 2012.
Watch this brilliant presentation by Avinash Kaushik at Strata 2012 conference, in his inimitable, thought-provoking, and very quotable style.
- Seth Grimes and Tom H. C. Anderson on Infinite Possibilites Of Text Analytics - Mar 15, 2012.
Text Analytics leaders Seth Grimes and Tom H. C. Anderson discuss top text analytics topics, best practices, emerging markets, and enlightening case studies.
- Hilary Mason, Chief Scientist of bit.ly, on how to find good uses for #BigData - Mar 12, 2012.
challenges and lessons trying derive meaningful uses from Big data that flows through bit.ly, including philosophy of analyzing time-series data, and some cool engineering tricks.
- IDC forecasts Big growth for Big Data: market will grow at 40% annual rate. - Mar 9, 2012.
IDC worldwide Big Data technology and services forecast says the market is expected to grow from $3.2 billion in 2010 to $16.9 billion in 2015. Storage is expected to grow most, at 61% CAGR.
- Spotfire Predictive Analytics Q & A with Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro - Mar 8, 2012.
I recently answered several interesting questions from Amanda Brandon (Tibco Spotfire) about Sherlock Holmes, Data Science, and Predictive Analytics.
- Ventana Research Releases Predictive Analytics Benchmark Research and Education - Mar 8, 2012.
Research finds growth of predictive analytics provides competitive advantage and increased profitability, but 1/3 of organizations are not satisfied with their deployment.
- KDnuggets 12:n06, Target was not wrong; Big data platforms; An explosion of Big data meetings - Mar 8, 2012.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features (6) | Courses, Events (4) | Software (4) | Jobs (6) | Academic (3) | Competitions (2) | Meetings (5) | Publications (5) | NewsBriefs (3) | CFP (11)
- The Risks of Using Spreadsheets for Statistical Analysis, Revisited - Mar 6, 2012.
Are spreadsheets more hindrance than help in data analysis? Download this free white paper from our partners at IBM to learn more, including: why over 90% of spreadsheets have errors, the types of spreadsheet errors, their causes and implications, and what is an alternative.
- DHS 2011 Data Mining Report to Congress Released - Mar 6, 2012.
This is the sixth comprehensive DHS Data Mining Report to Congress which discusses the use of data mining technology in Federal Government.
- Tom Wolfer interviews Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro on KDnuggets, Social Media - Mar 5, 2012.
Tom Wolfer asked me what is KDnuggets, who has to subscribe to it, what are the popular section, how do I choose polls, and more.
- Data Mining: Does Online Privacy Matter? - Mar 3, 2012.
- Strata 2012: Big Data is Bigger than Ever! - Mar 3, 2012.
Daniel Tunkelang reports on three days at the O'Reilly Strata Conference, an assembly of two thousand people focused on data science and its applications.
- Part 3: What Is Social Media Analytics? - 4 Experts Debate - Mar 1, 2012.
In our third installment, we reached out to four experts (from Anderson Analytics, Social Target, Gnip, and Zoetica Media) to gain insights into what social media data really is and where it comes from.