New entries for companies, datasets, education, meetings, publications, software, solutions, websites.
- Yelp Academic Dataset, all the data and reviews of the 250 closest businesses for 30 universities for students and academics to explore and research.
In Education » Online and web-based
- UH Data Mining Hypertextbook and Course, a new model for the data mining course, which includes a significant project on real-world data, and surveying the learning styles of students.
- UHD Data Mining Projects, for undergraduate class projects, developed by Prof. Ping Chen.
In Education » USA/Canada
- Michigan State University (MSU) MS in Business Analytics at the Broad College of Business, East Lansing, MI, USA.
- Sep 28-29, The Workshop on Information in Networks (WIN), New York, NY, USA. R
- Oct 21-25, IBM Information On Demand 2012, Las Vegas, NV, USA. R
- Jan 29 - Feb 1, 2013, EGC 2013, 13th Francophone Int. Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Management, Toulouse, France. R
- Sep 23-27, 2013, ECML PKDD 2013, European Conference on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases, Prague, Czech Republic. R
In Publications » Books, Introductory / Textbooks
- UH Data Mining Hypertextbook, free for instructors courtesy NSF.
In Software » Social network analysis, Link analysis, Visualization
- GraphChi can run very large graph computations on just a single machine, by using a novel algorithm for processing the graph from disk (SSD or hard drive).
In Software » Visualization
- Selected List of Recommended Visualization Tools from datavisualization.ch
- DataWrangler, an interactive tool for data cleaning and transformation from Stanford Visualization Group.
In Solutions » Fraud Detection
- PredPol, provides targeted, real-time crime prediction designed for and successfully tested by officers in the field.
- SAS® Security Intelligence, an enterprise approach to fraud, compliance and security issues
In Websites » Blogs and News on Data Mining, Web Mining and Analytics