KDnuggetsTM News 09:n02, Jan 20, 2009
- Poll Results: Data Mining most submitted journals / magazines
- Are you planning to attend KDD-09, June 28 - July 1, Paris, France ?
- Analytics surpassing Data Mining ?
- Highlights from Data Mining, Analytics Blogs
- 2009 SIGKDD Dissertation Awards - nominations due Feb 23
- KDD-09 abstracts due Feb 2, papers Feb 6, Panels/Tutorials Feb 23
- Attend Predictive Analytics World, San Francisco, Feb 18-19
- Top items from KDnuggets News 09:n01, Jan 6
- The Digging into Data Challenge, by NSF and other agencies
- SDM 2009 Student Travel Fellowships and Doctoral Student Forum Fellowships
- KnowledgeMate and socialFeed released
- Webinar, Jan 21: Predictive Analytics: Optimizing Business and Reducing Costs Across Verticals
- GenIQ webcast for Statistical Modelers and Data Miners - no charge!
- Data Mining: Levels I, II & III [ Feb, Orlando | April, Las Vegas ]
- Short course: Ten Hot Ideas for Learning from Data
- Data mining / analytical CRM program: Master of Marketing Analysis at U. Gent
- Boston, MA: Manager, Distribution Strategy at Liberty Mutual
- Palo Alto, CA: Senior Software Engineer - Search Analytics at A9.com, Inc.
- San Antonio, TX: Marketing Analyst (code 6437) at USAA
- Crows Nest, NSW, Australia: Research Position, Financial Data at Boronia Capital Pty Ltd
- San Jose, CA: Research Programmer- Data-Centric at The PwC Center for Advanced Research (CAR)
- Maryland / New Jersey: Quantitative Marketing Solutions Director & Manager at pharmaceutical company
- Fremont, CA: Statistical Programmer (groundbreaking online advertising startup) at Offerpal Media
- St. Petersburg, FL: Sr. Marketing Manager - Consumer Insights at HSN
- Ithaca, NY: Visiting Lecturer, Dept. of Social Statistics at Cornell
- Use of Unsupervised models for fraud detection
- mayato Study: Data Mining Software 2009: Successful Analyses at Affordable Prices (November 2008)
- In a Surging Analytic Market, Will Demand Outpace Supply?
- Why Video Testing offers insights which can help web site data mining
- Time for Analytics to Come in From the Cold
- Educational Data Mining - what have we learned?
- Five useful places to find financial data online
- Predictive Analytics Delivers Value Across Business Applications
- Data Analysts Captivated by Rís Power
- What Political Polling Tells Us About Business Intelligence
- Web Analytics Association Releases 2009 Outlook Survey Data
- Kroger uses loyalty data to target coupons
- Top Marks for KXEN in Data Mining Software 2009 Tests
- Experts forecast business intelligence market trends for 2009
- NSF looking for wicked cool visual and data analysis algorithms
- Nasdaq Market Pathfinders: predicting the stock market?
- InforSense: Founder/CEO Steps Down for CTO Role; $5M Funding After Record Growth
- Simba Technologies Launches Linux-based MDX SDK for Building XMLA Data Connectivity to Multi-dimensional Data Sources
- LinkedIn Surpassing Facebook for Enterprise Use-Cases
- MLDM 2009, due Jan 27
IADIS European Conference On Data Mining 2009, due Jan 30
KDD-09 Research papers, due Feb 2 (abstracts)
Hypertext 2009, due Feb 2
KDD-09 Industry/Government track papers, due Feb 6
ICML-2009, due Feb 6 (tutorial proposals)
DMINí09, due Feb 7 (Special Sessions & Workshops)
Data Mining and Cognitive Informatics at ICCI 2009, due Feb 9
Leipzig ICDM 2009, due Feb 10
KDD-09 Panels / Tutorials, due Feb 23
DMIN'09, due Feb 25
Intelligent Techniques for Web Personalization & Recommender Systems, due Mar 6
Inductive Reasoning and Machine Learning on the Semantic Web, due Mar 7
ISMIS'09, due Mar 15
Unsupervised and Minimally Supervised Learning of Lexical Semantics, due Mar 15
IDA 2009, due Mar 30
Text-Based Information Retrieval, due Apr 1
ADMA 2009, due Apr 13
Plagiarism and Authorship Analysis, due Apr 30
The 1st Asian Conference on Machine Learning (ACML'09), due Jun 15
You could have a million Ph.D.s working on it - people who are very smart - but if they donít understand the landscape of American politics, or what a baseball playerís career looks like, they wonít get it right. Thereís an art to it, as well as a science.