- Data Applied new data mining and visualization capabilities - Mar 23, 2010.
Founded by ex-Microsoft engineers, the company leverages Silverlight technology and a web-based API to bring data mining within reach of any web-enabled user or application
- Two social-bookmarking studies: recommendation and tag-based ranking - Mar 22, 2010.
The GiveALink.org project invites you to participate in two online user studies related to tag recommendation and tag-based ranking.
- Pyriel learns classification rules which maximize AUC (open-source) - Mar 18, 2010.
I previously published a paper "PRIE: A system for generating rulelists to maximize ROC performance" (Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, October, 2008). I have just released Pyriel, an open-source implementation of this system.
- Centrifuge Releases New Data Visualization Software - Mar 18, 2010.
The Centrifuge approach to data visualization brings together three innovations in analysis: Interactive Data Visualization, Unified Data Views and Collaborative Analysis to identify important insights and hidden patterns in your data.
- Google Public Data Explorer - Mar 11, 2010.
The new Google Labs tool offers a visual way to look at and analyze large public data sets on a variety of popular search topics.
- Making Sense of Mountains of Data - Mar 7, 2010.
Pivot's simple and intuitive graphical interface will help insights about the data to pop out visually from even very large collections of data
- Oracle Data Mining is now available on the Amazon Cloud - Mar 1, 2010.
Oracle Data Mining Development has set up an instance on the Amazon cloud for prospective customers who want to try Oracle Data Mining 11gR2's in-database data mining