Features (5) |
Software (1) |
Jobs (8) |
Academic (3) |
AudioVideo (1) |
Publications (8) |
NewsBriefs (11) |
CFP (9) |
- Who will win 2010 FIFA World Cup? - Jun 29, 2010.
Brazil? Spain? Argentina? ...? Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- Poll Results: Analytics Integration with Business Processes Increases Staff Levels - Jun 29, 2010.
increased integration of analytics / data mining with business processes does not lead to staff reduction, but rather to increased internal analytics staff
- Predictive Analytics World DC 2010 Agenda Live for Oct 19-20 - Jun 29, 2010.
KDNuggets readers get an extra 12% discount. Agenda for PAW-2010 DC (Predictive Analytics World) conference, October 19-20, Washington, DC is now available.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory since Jun 8 - Jun 29, 2010.
new entries for consulting, competitions, certificates, datasets, education, meetings, software, and solutions in KDnuggets
- Most viewed items for week Jun 20-26 - Jun 27, 2010.
Odds Are, It's Wrong; Sentiment Analysis during the World Cup;
Top jobs: Data Mining Researcher, Microsoft Ads Platform; Data Mining Scientist at Apple
- Sr. Software Engineer (Data Mining) at Incentica, Los Angeles area, CA - Jun 27, 2010.
Incentica is a social media and consumer research technology company focused on helping the largest brands find and reach consumers with increased precision. Looking for an entrepreneurial engineer, driving product direction as well as technology implementation.
- Statistical Analyst at Netflix, Los Gatos, CA - Jun 25, 2010.
seeking an outgoing, curious, interdisciplinary data expert to work as a statistician, data miner, and business analyst.
- Data Quality Analyst at Microsoft, Redmond, WA - Jun 25, 2010.
cause maximal disruption to Internet Abusers businesses. The Windows Safety Services team is looking for a unique person who can take the controls of the reputation, filtering, analysis, and intelligence systems we've been developing for the past five years and re-target them, on a daily basis, to cause maximal disruption to Internet Abusers' businesses.
- Data Mining Scientist at Apple, Austin, TX - Jun 24, 2010.
looking for an outstanding scientist to work on data mining solutions (designing, developing, and fielding) with direct and measurable impact to Apple.
- Applied Researcher at Microsoft, Redmond, WA - Jun 24, 2010.
help keep the Internet safe from Spam, phishing, malware, bots, and more - join the team of Applied Researchers responsible for it.
- Software Development Engineer II at Microsoft, Redmond, WA - Jun 24, 2010.
use sophisticated Data Mining algorithms to analyze security related info - e-mail spam, phishing, malware distribution, click fraud, botnets, etc. to make the result more valuable than the sum of the parts.
- Software Development Engineer in Test at Microsoft, Redmond, WA - Jun 24, 2010.
you are a developer who likes to break things. You strive for quality and are focused in improving issues around performance, stress, security, reliability, and more.
- Sr. Data Analyst at First Data, Coral Springs, FL or Melville, NY - Jun 23, 2010.
focus on integrating analytics with credit/risk; participate in the development and integration of analytics (e.g., credit scorecards, predictive models, data mining and general statistical analysis) within the credit/risk management organization
- Research Officer, Knowledge Discovery at NRC Institute for Information Technology (NRC-IIT), Fredericton or Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada - Jun 29, 2010.
engage in novel research in data mining and knowledge discovery, including data warehousing, data preprocessing, data understanding, data analysis, mathematical modeling, post-processing and knowledge representation.
- Research assistant in data mining, machine learning, and IR at Bauhaus-Universitšt Weimar, Weimar, Germany - Jun 23, 2010.
application of state-of-the-art data mining and retrieval technology in the context of structural engineering: simulation data mining, domain-specific retrieval, and machine learning technology will help to simplify and integrate complex modeling, design, and simulation tasks.
- DePaul University and IBM Offers MS in Predictive Analytics - Jun 27, 2010.
New Center for Data Mining and Predictive Analytics will give students expertise in predictive analytics
- Predicting Large Deposits of Wealth Management Clients - Jun 29, 2010.
description of a solution to a modeling challenge arising out of a Client need to identify a difficult-to-define behaviour.
- Data mining algorithm explains complex temporal interactions among genes - Jun 29, 2010.
The algorithm reconstructs temporal models of cellular processes from gene expression data.
- Blogs and tweets could predict the future - Jun 28, 2010.
Lower stock prices correlated with frequency of words like nervous in blogs. The researchers also found that Twitter rating tracked more formal opinion polls closely
- Why IBM acquisition of Coremetrics will change web analytics - Jun 28, 2010.
IBM can leverage SPSS technology and add predictive and statistical modelling to web analytics to significantly increase its value
- Identify The Known Unknowns - Jun 25, 2010.
avoid obsession with the known knowns and focus on known unknowns to dramatically increase actions taken based on web analytics
- EDM2010 - Educational Data Mining Conf. Proceedings online - Jun 25, 2010.
EDM brings together researchers from computer science, education, psychology, psychometrics, and statistics to analyze large data sets to answer educational research questions.
- CHAID-based Data Mining for Paired-Variable Assessment - Jun 24, 2010.
Assessing the relationship between predictor and dependent variables is an essential task in the model building process. We introduce a new method of obtaining a smoother scatterplot, which exposes a more reliable depiction of the unmasked relationship.
- The Algebra of Data - Jun 24, 2010.
this Algebraix Data product goes beyond the Relational Model and is based on a new Algebra of Data, which is directly derived from classical set theory.
- Datameer and Zementis partner to execution PMML on Massive Parallel Scale - Jun 29, 2010.
the partnership will combine the Zementis ADAPA decision engine framework for real-time execution, with the power and scale of Datameer Analytics Solution (DAS) based on Hadoop.
- Aster Data delivers 30 analytic packages and MapReduce functions - Jun 28, 2010.
New capabilities include over 30 advanced analytic packages and more than 1,000 MapReduce-ready functions to enable rapid development of rich analytic applications on big data sets.
- Quantcast CEO to speak at KDD-2010 - Jun 27, 2010.
Konrad Feldman will Discuss Quantification of Advertising at KDD-2010, 16th ACM Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining Conference, Washington, DC, July 25-28
- KXEN Secures $8 Million in Series D Funding - Jun 27, 2010.
new funding to accelerate growth and international expansion. The round was led by NextStage and included participation from existing investors XAnge Capital, Sofinnova Ventures, Saints Capital and Motorola Ventures.
- IBM reaches agreement to acquire Coremetrics - Jun 27, 2010.
Coremetrics delivers web analytics to 2100+ global brands, including retail, financial services, media and publishing, travel and hospitality and education industries
- Low expectations for clinical data mining - Jun 25, 2010.
Payers and providers rarely use clinical data for real-time decision-making, in part because information is in so many disparate formats, some important data elements are missing and because they believe the costs generally outweigh the benefits.
- Data mining your digital footprints - Jun 25, 2010.
Sense Networks mines location and other data to create interesting applications, like CabSense.
- Twitter Buys an Analytics Company behind Trendly Service - Jun 24, 2010.
to help track users and their message updates as the site continues to grow.
- ACI Worldwide Announces Expanded Fraud Analytics Capabilities Powered by Opera Solutions - Jun 24, 2010.
Alliance Enables Broader Access to Analytics Resources for Fraud Prevention and Detection
- Elsevier Acquires Collexis, developer of Semantic Technology and Knowledge Discovery Software - Jun 24, 2010.
Collexis technology includes Expert Profiler, Reviewer Finder, Professional Social Networking, and Knowledge Engine
- U. Kentucky HealthCare and Webmedx Mine Medical Transcripts - Jun 23, 2010.
get structured data from transcribed reports to enhance core measure reporting.
CFP - Calls for Papers (see also All CFP)
- ACM SIGSPATIAL Int. Conf. on Advances in GIS, due Jun 24
- Knowledge Discovery from Climate Data: Prediction, Extremes, And Impacts, due Jul 23
- Biological Data Mining and Healthcare, due Jul 23
- WSDM2011: Web Search and Data Mining, due Aug 1
- Statistical Analysis and Data Mining of Networks, due Aug 1
- Workshop on GeoStreaming, due Aug 1
- Indoor Spatial Awareness, due Aug 1
- Data Mining Unexpected and Negative Results, due Sep 15
- NIPS 2010 Demonstrations, due Sep 20
He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever. Chinese Proverb