- KDD-2011 Call For Papers - abstracts due Feb 11 - Oct 12, 2010.KDD-2011: ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining will be held August 21-24, 2011 in San Diego, CA; www.kdd.org/kdd2011/
- Kaggle Competition News - Oct 12, 2010.New Competition: R Package Recommendations; 2010 INFORMS Data Mining Contest results; New Competition: Hearst Challenge
- Predictive Analytics World Wash., DC, next week, or London, UK in Nov? Choose Now! - Oct 13, 2010.Two choices in Oct/Nov. Two rich conference programs with very little content overlap featuring a wealth of speakers with front-line experience sharing their knowledge. See which one is best for you.
- Most viewed items for Sep 26 - Oct 2 - Oct 4, 2010.Euclidean Clustering of Social Networks; Stat Analysis and Data Mining Journal, Volume 3, Issue 5;
Top jobs: Director, Decision Science at E*TRADE Financial, Jersey City, NJ; Senior Data Analyst, Decision Science at E*TRADE Financial, Jersey City, NJ;
- Most viewed news, jobs in September - Oct 4, 2010.Becoming a data scientist; Social media analytics - 2 new tools;
Top jobs: Analytical Modeling Staff Scientist-10002174 at SAS, San Diego, CA; Analyst/Associate, Business Intelligence at J.P. Morgan Asset Management, New York, NY;
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in September - Oct 1, 2010.new companies, datasets, education, meetings, publications, software, solutions
Courses (see also All Courses)
- Marketing Analytics Conference, Boston, Nov 10 - Oct 13, 2010.This event covers marketing analytics from Precision Marketing to Customer Intelligence with an exciting line up of speakers and real world case studies; Register with KDnuggets discount
- Learn How Experts Mine Data [Dec 6-10, Vegas; Feb 14-18, Orlando] - Oct 13, 2010.Save up to 40% - register by Oct 29! Leverage highly valuable and impactful prospective insight from within your existing data through an intensive course series with over 20 years of innovation. Dec 6-10 in Las Vegas; Feb 14-18 in Orlando.
Software (see also All Software)
- Evolutionary Algorithm in Python (EAP) First Public Release - Oct 9, 2010.EAP, a library for doing Evolutionary Algorithms in Python is an open source project and can be freely downloaded
Jobs (see also All Jobs)
- SPSS Managing Consultant at very large IT company, Germany - Oct 13, 2010.lead a team of 5-10 consultants in the implementation of SPSS for large customers, coordinates the tasks and gives training and workshops.
- Risk Management / Risk Analysis at Citi, New York City, NY or Dallas, TX - Sep 30, 2010.Citi is now looking to pre-identify people whose skills and experiences may be a strong fit for positions we may potentially look to open in the near future.
- Lecturer in Computational Intelligence at U. of Bournemouth, Bournemouth, UK - Oct 13, 2010.You will have a Doctorate in Computer Science or Engineering with a major focus on one of the following subject areas: Computational Intelligence, Machine Learning, Smart Adaptive Systems or Predictive Modelling.
- Marie Curie Senior Research Fellow in Complex Adaptive Prediction Systems at U. of Bournemouth, Bournemouth, UK - Oct 13, 2010.You will work on an exciting project entitled "Computational Intelligence Platform for Evolving and Robust Predictive Systems (INFER)" funded by the European Commission
- Postdoc in Medical Data Imaging at U. of Kansas, Lawrence, KS - Oct 12, 2010.develop a novel imaging database for microscopic images for drug delivery, and develop and maintain sophisticated data management schemes for imaging in support of data intensive biological research efforts.
- Faculty Position in Information Systems / Data-Mining: at U. of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada - Oct 9, 2010.Dept of Management Sciences (U. Waterloo) invites applications for full-time faculty appointments in Information Systems at any level (assistant, associate or full professor) to start in late 2010 or 2011.
Meetings (see also All Meetings)
- Bentley University Virtual Analytics Symposium, Oct 27, 4 to 6 pm - Oct 13, 2010.Analytics Is Not Enough! This seminar will discuss a simple framework that can be used to help ensure that your analytics are making the biggest impact they can, not just producing nice-to-know facts and figures.
- ACM SIGSPATIAL Workshop on Data Mining for Geoinformatics, Nov 2, San Jose (Early Reg by Oct 14) - Oct 13, 2010.This workshop will bring together scientists working in fields such as geographic information science (GIS), data mining, machine learning, geoinformatics, remote sensing, as well as natural hazards, earth and atmospheric sciences.
- ACM SIGSPATIAL GIS 2010 Call for Participation (Early Reg ends Oct 14) - Oct 12, 2010.The conference provides a forum for original research contributions covering all conceptual, design, and implementation aspects of GIS ranging from applications, user interface considerations, and visualization down to storage management and indexing issues
- SUPERMATH Analytic Conference, Nov 10, San Diego - Oct 1, 2010.will bring together national analytics thought leaders and business users for a day of provocative presentations, futuristic insights and discussions designed to inspire, educate and promote collaborations.
- Nature: Introducing 'The Fourth Paradigm' - the blog - Oct 12, 2010.This new blog will be built around the themes of The Fourth Paradigm: Data-Intensive Scientific Discovery, a collection of essays exploring the mushrooming role of data-intensive science.
- Harvard and MIT B-Schools on Analytics - Oct 12, 2010.A review of hot-off-the-press material on analytics in business from two leading Business Schools, Harvard and MIT.
- First Look - in2clouds - Oct 2, 2010.in2clouds is focused on helping companies use Predictive Analytics to improve their business performance. Founded by MicroStrategy alumni and launched in 2009, in2clouds is a small company that has been working in hi-tech, financial services and retail
- Free report: Web Analytics in Context: Google Analytics - Oct 1, 2010.Get your complimentary copy today - this offer expires Oct 31. This Aberdeen web analytics surveyed over 230 organizations using free or paid web analytics solutions.
- Truthy.indiana.edu to search, identify smear tactics, Twitter-bombs through November election runup - Oct 13, 2010.Truthy.indiana.edu is a sophisticated new Twitter-based research tool that combines data mining, social network analysis and crowdsourcing to uncover deceptive tactics and misinformation leading up to the Nov. 2 elections.
- ANGOSS Reports Third Quarter Results - Oct 13, 2010.The "on demand" analytics solutions business segment was up 64% in the third quarter. Analytics software business segment is flat year over year, with 18% growth in Europe offset by a 10% decline in North America.
- iView Systems, Centrifuge Systems Team to Accelerate Incident Investigations & Manage Risk - Oct 12, 2010.iView Systems partnered with Centrifuge Systems, a provider of investigative analytics software, to provide gaming, transportation, financial services, utilities, health care, government and other organizations with the ability to target and accelerate incident investigations and manage risk more effectively by leveraging data visualization capabilities.
- Analytical breakthroughs ease health care reform - Oct 1, 2010.U. of Louisville finds SAS(r) predictive analytics superior in ranking health care provider quality
CFP - Calls for Papers (see also All CFP)
- SIAM Data Mining, due Oct 15
- User Interfaces for Recommender Systems, due Nov 5
- Search and Mining User Generated Contents, due Dec 1
- Crowdsourcing for Search and Data Mining, due Dec 3
- Workshop on Behavior Informatics, due Dec 10
- International Conference on Artificial Neural Networks, due Jan 14
- ICML workshop, tutorials, due Jan 14
- ICML, due Feb 1
- KDD-2011: Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, due Feb 11
- Advances in Social Network Analysis and Mining, due Mar 1
QuoteMistakes are the portals of discovery.
James Joyce (1882 - 1941)