DePaul's MS in Predictive Analytics graduates develop both analytical depth and business acumen through taking courses in analytics, data mining and marketing. Unlike programs that focus only on doing the analytics, the MS PA gives students the skills to translate results into terms non-technical clients can understand and to communicate client needs to the rest of the analytic team.
The curriculum includes working on real-world analytic challenges with companies and not-for-profit organizations that partner with the DePaul Data Mining and Predictive Analytics center. Students can complete the degree entirely online, allowing out-of- state students access to the same course content and faculty expertise as on-campus students. Learn more at dampa.cdm.depaul.edu
Faculty Areas of Expertise at Center for Data Mining and Predictive Analytics (DaMPA)
- Medical imaging
- Multimedia retrieval
- Pattern recognition and data mining
- Consumer decision making, with emphasis on personal financial decision making
- Web mining
- Web personalization
- Recommender systems
- Information retrieval methods
Latest Center News
DAMPA held its first luncheon for project sponsors and collaborators in September. Attendees had the opportunity to network and learn about the first four projects facilitated by the center. Guest speakers included: Brett Goldstein, Chief Data Officer, City of Chicago; Rebecca Lindsay-Ryan, Director, External Affairs, Big Shoulders Fun; Marisela Rosales Lawson, Partner, Sagence Group LLC and Stephen Gold, Director, WW Marketing and Global Education, IBM/SPS.
- Supporting undergraduate and graduate academic programs in data mining. The academic initiatives include the newly created MS in Predictive Analytics, current degree programs available across Computing and Marketing, and planned certificate programs in data mining and business intelligence.
- Providing assistance to industry and students by maintaining an employer-student database and matching student skill sets with prospective employer requirements for internships or permanent positions.
- Creating a larger network of collaborators and researchers from academia and industry in the Chicago area and beyond, to promote joint research projects. As part of this effort, the center holds annual Data Mining Symposiums that bring together companies, researchers, and academics to foster exchange of ideas. The symposiums include invited talks, workshops, tutorials, industry exhibits, and panels.
- Offering consulting services and expertise to help businesses and government agencies understand concepts and advantages of data mining and predictive analytics, develop effective solutions, and apply them to their problems.
- Providing regular or specialized training workshops for industry organizations and practitioners in data mining, predictive analytics, and related areas.
DePaul Center for Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
College of Computing and Digital Media
243 S. Wabash Ave
Chicago IL 60604
For information please contact Dr. Daniela Raicu:
Phone: 312 362-5512