- Poll Results: Top Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data software used - May 29, 2012.
For the first time, the number of users of free/open source software exceeded the number of users of commercial software. The usage of Big data software grew five-fold. R, Excel, and RapidMiner were the most popular tools, with Statsoft Statistica getting the top commercial tool spot.
- Top news for May 20-26: Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data Software Used? Text Analytics, Text Mining courses - May 27, 2012.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data Software Used?; Online courses on Text Analytics, Text Mining;
Top jobs: Manager - Advanced Analytics at Deloitte; Sr. Research Fellow at REC Research Center, Poland.
- Top news for May 13-19: New Poll: Analytics, DM, Big Data Software Used? 7 Reasons you need predictive analytics - May 20, 2012.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data Software Used?; 7 Reasons You Need Predictive Analytics; Is There Big Money in Big Data?
Top jobs: BI Analyst at Sybron Dental; Scientist, Predictive Analytics at Playdom/Disney.
- New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data Software Used? - May 16, 2012.
New, largest ever, KDnuggets Poll: What analytics, data mining, Big Data software you used in the past 12 months ? Please vote
- Top news for May 6-12: New online certificates in Data Mining; Largest dataset analyzed - May 13, 2012.
Stanford: New Online Certificates in Data Mining, Stats; Poll Results: Largest Dataset Analyzed; Analytics to predict crime?
Top jobs: Researchers at Huawei Noah Ark Lab, Hong Kong; Analytics Solutions Architect at Predixion Software, telecommute.
- Is There Big Money in Big Data? - May 11, 2012.
Many entrepreneurs foresee vast profits in mining data from online activity and mobile devices. One Wharton business school professor strongly disagrees.
- Poll Results: Largest Dataset Analyzed - May 10, 2012.
The median largest dataset is now in 11-100 GB range for almost all the regions, and about 20% of all analysts now have experience with Terabyte size datasets.
- Top news for Apr 29 - May 5: Million Song Challenge, Data Without Borders, To Big Data and Beyond - May 6, 2012.
Million Song Dataset Challenge; Data Without Borders; To Big Data and Beyond; Top jobs: Data Mining Engineer at Apple; Data Scientist / Data Miner at nPario.
- Top news, jobs in April - May 1, 2012.
Python in Big Data; Target hears you said yes, before you do; Network Analytics meets Text Mining
Top jobs: Manager, Advanced Analytics at Orbitz; Analytics Lead/Scientist - NLP at Opera Solutions.
- Additions to KDnuggets in April - May 1, 2012.
New companies (Kontagent, CogNova, Yottamine), datasets, education (NYU, Caltech, Oxford, Udemy), meetings, software (BigML, kSuite, FMiner), and more.