- Top news for Apr 22-28 - Apr 29, 2012.
Quantum Random Number Generator; Network Analytics meets Text Mining; Short History of Data Science
Top jobs: Research Associates at Merck; Manager, Analysis and Reporting at SAGE Pubs.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 16-22 - Apr 23, 2012.
What data scientists do for fun; From Data Mining to Big Data and Beyond; Word cloud alternatives in ; Data gravity principle
- Top news for Apr 15-21 - Apr 22, 2012.
Network Analytics meets Text Mining with KNIME; Target hears you said yes, before you do; From Data Mining to Big Data and Beyond
Top jobs: Director of Algorithms/Analytics at Guardian Analytics; Marketing Analyst at Springleaf Financial
- New Poll: Largest Dataset You Analyzed / Data Mined? - Apr 18, 2012.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest database / dataset you analyzed? Please vote
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week - Apr 16, 2012.
ECML/PKDD Challenge; R programmer looks at Julia; Netflix opens up - why $1M Netflix Prize algorithm was not implemented; Ranking Data Scientists and Data Miners.
- Top news for Apr 8-14 - Apr 15, 2012.
Python in Big Data; Target hears you said yes
Top jobs: Manager, Adv. Analytics at Orbitz; Statistician at Enterprise
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week - Apr 11, 2012.
Can Python swallow the elephant (Hadoop)? Target prediction - awkward results, again! Julia - the best from Python, R, Perl, C?; NPR on massive data mining.
- Target hears you said yes, before you do - Apr 9, 2012.
A woman received an envelope from Target at her parents house, which said: Congratulations, WE HEARD YOU SAID "Yes". Very awkward results. Should Target and similar companies stay away from personal life?
- Top news for Apr 1-7 - Apr 8, 2012.
Top 10 in Data Mining; Skeptical of Machine Learning; NPR on Massive Data Mining. Top jobs: Data Scientist, Trulia; Dir. Predictive Analytics, Rezolve Group.
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week - Apr 4, 2012.
21 recipes for mining Twitter, SNA with R, 25% of discovery is data mining, Skeptical of machine learning on Big Data and more
- Sceptical of Machine Learning replacing Domain Expertise - Apr 3, 2012.
The majority of KDnuggets readers think that there are many domains where machine learning cannot beat domain expertise. But for how long?
- Top news, jobs in March - Apr 2, 2012.
Target was not wrong to use analytics to find pregnant women; Berkeley course on Data Science; Top 10 in Data Mining
Top jobs: Data Scientist at Facebook; Summer Internship at Akamai
- San Diego: Analytics Careers are Here! - Apr 2, 2012.
Over 6,000 technology jobs are available in San Diego which has been ranked by Forbes as #9 in the U.S. in The Best cities for Technology Jobs and CAREERS!
- Additions to KDnuggets in March - Apr 1, 2012.
New companies, datasets, education, meetings, software, solutions, websites
- Top news for Mar 25-31 - Apr 1, 2012.
Top 10 in Data Mining; Berkeley course on Data Science; Google summer of code and R; Data Science top influencers
Top jobs: Data Scientist, Trulia; Senior Analyst, FinCEN