- Ajay Ohri reviews BigML.com: Machine Learning meets the Cloud - Apr 26, 2012.
The website is very intutively designed, well known data sources are included. Decision trees is currently the only distributed algorithms, but more are expected soon.
- Quantum Random Number Generator - Apr 22, 2012.
Researchers at The Australian National University have developed the fastest random number generator in the world by using the quantum fluctuation in the vacuum, and put it online.
- Aberdeen report finds KXEN is faster, more accurate - Apr 13, 2012.
Aberdeen Group report indicate that KXEN InfiniteInsight(tm) helps customers to build and refresh models faster, helping marketing be more productive and improve targeting effectiveness.
- James Taylor on SAS High-Performance Analytics appliances - Apr 10, 2012.
SAS HPA is appliance-ready software that uses hardware from database partners (Teradata or EMC Greenplum) for high performance data exploration, model development and model deployment and scoring.
- Python in Big Data - Apr 9, 2012.
What Python has to offer to the world of Big Data, specific use-cases, and interaction between a python and an elephant (Hadoop).
- Kontagent kSuite DataMine - Apr 9, 2012.
Kontagent kSuite DataMine is a SaaS offering that enables analysts to use Hive-powered, SQL-like queries to get data out of a Hadoop deployment.
- James Taylor First Look: Pervasive RushAnalyzer - Apr 5, 2012.
RushAnalyzer is a combination of the KNIME data mining workbench and Pervasive DataRush, a platform for parallelization and automatic scaling of data manipulation and analysis.
- DEAP 0.8: Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python - Apr 4, 2012.
a library for doing Distributed Evolutionary Algorithms in Python. You can download it here.