- Million Song Dataset Challenge - Apr 29, 2012.
You have the full listening history for 1M users, and half history for 100K users, and your goal is to predict the missing half.
- PAKDD 2012 Data Mining Competition - Apr 20, 2012.
The competition has an open and student categories, and tasks include customer churn and win-back for a large telco, and analyzing correlation between job applications and economic indicators. Submissions due May 13.
- Global Data Science Hackathon, Apr 28-29 - Apr 15, 2012.
Data Science London Hackathon has expanded and became a global hackathon, with remote participation in New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco, Melbourne, Canberra, Berlin and Turku.
- ECML/PKDD 2012 Discovery Challenge: Large Scale Hierarchical Text Classification - Apr 12, 2012.
The challenge comprises three tracks and it is based on two large datasets created from the ODP web directory (DMOZ) and Wikipedia.
- Ranking Data Scientists and Data Miners - Apr 11, 2012.
We look at ranking of Data Scientists according to Kaggle competitions, LinkedIn skills, Online influence, and Research publications.
- The price is right for the 13th DATA MINING CUP - Apr 3, 2012.
The 13th Data Mining Cup is focused on students and started with two tasks: develop a model to predict the product sales, and implement an agent that does pricing for an online shop. Results due May 15.
- Wharton Research Opportunity: If you "LIKE" will you Buy? - Apr 2, 2012.
Comprehensive data from a major consumer goods company is available for research. The company encourages research on the role of social media communication in brand purchases that will help drive their social media strategy. Tune in to May 4 webcast to learn more.
- Proposals: Innovative Approaches to Measuring Ad Effectiveness - Apr 2, 2012.
Wharton is looking for leading-edge research projects to develop state-of-the-art methods and insights for measuring ad effectiveness. About 8-15 teams are expected to receive grants of $2,000-$10,000. Submission deadline is Apr 23.