- KDnuggets 10:n23, Analytics Industries; Tim Rey Interview; Social Clustering; M2010, PAW - Sep 30, 2010.
Latest news on data mining & analytics, including Features (7) | Jobs (4) | Meetings (1) | AudioVideo (1) | Publications (6) | NewsBriefs (11) | CFP (3)
- M2010 Data Mining Conference - KDnuggets discount - Sep 29, 2010.
Join more than 700 analytics professionals at the 13th annual M2010 Data Mining Conference. M2010 is a leading analytics conference bringing together hundreds of analytics professionals and more than 40 speakers. Get 30% discount for KDnuggets readers
- New Poll: Industries / Fields where you applied Analytics / Data Mining in 2010? - Sep 29, 2010.
please vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- KDnuggets readers like Google Instant Search - Sep 29, 2010.
53% of the respondents think it is better, with 22% disliking it.
- Most viewed items for Sep 19-25 - Sep 26, 2010.
Analytics/Data Mining US Job Trends; Traffic Jams Issue Solved;
Top jobs: Machine Learning Software Engineer at Chomp, San Francisco, CA; Research Engineer (Topic Modeling) at Chomp, San Francisco, CA;
- New Poll: Do you like Google Instant Search? - Sep 21, 2010.
this may be the largest deployment of predictive analytics - since Google tries to predict user full query based on the initial input. Do you like Google Instant predictions and the new interface?
- Kaggle competitions: Tourism Forecasting, Chess - Sep 21, 2010.
Tourism Forecasting Part 1 ended, Part 2 starting; Who competes; Halfway report on Chess/Elo ratings competition
- Most viewed items for Sep 12-18 - Sep 20, 2010.
Becoming a data scientist; Social media analytics - 2 new tools;
Top jobs: Data Scientist at ID Analytics, Inc., San Diego, CA; Analyst/Associate, Business Intelligence at J.P. Morgan Asset Management, New York, NY;
- e-LICO multi-omics prediction challenge - Sep 16, 2010.
2500 EU prize total; data is from patients with Obstructive Nephropathy (ON) which is the most frequent nephropathy observed among newborns and children.
- Traffic Jams Issue Solved - Sep 16, 2010.
Over 500 researchers participated in IEEE ICDM TomTom Traffic Prediction for Intelligent GPS Navigation, producing accuracy improvement of up to 60% and an algorithm that can be used in GPS navigation devices in order to avoid traffic jams.
- Poll results: no rush to geolocation services - Sep 14, 2010.
latest poll also shows that data miners are more likely to analyze geolocation data than to use it.
- Analytics/Data Mining US Job Trends - Sep 13, 2010.
Average US salary is $89,000 for Analytics OR "Data Mining" jobs, according to SimplyHired.com, a search engine for jobs. Demand for such jobs grew over 100% in 2010.
- Most viewed items for Sep 5-11 - Sep 12, 2010.
Becoming a data scientist; Social media analytics new tools;
Top jobs: Analytical Modeling Staff Scientist at SAS, San Diego; Machine Learning Engineer at eBay, San Jose.
- EmotionML: Will computers tap into your feelings? - Sep 6, 2010.
W3C works on EmotionML, formalizing emotional states in a computer-readable way. Using emotional states, called "affective computing", can make computer interactions very different. Avatar faces could show their human master's expression during computer chats.
- Most viewed news, jobs in August - Sep 5, 2010.
P != NP Proved by HP Labs researcher?; The Most Comprehensive Social Media Analytics Platform List;
Top jobs: Research Scientist, Data Mining & Machine Learning at Siemens Corporate Research; Researcher, Predictive Analytics at Xerox Research Center, Webster, NY;
- Most viewed items for Aug 29 - Sep 4 - Sep 5, 2010.
Social media analytics - 2 new tools; 5 indispensable IT skills of the future;
Top jobs: Research Engineer - Targeting and Optimization at Amazon.com, Seattle, WA; Research Scientist, Forecasting Team at Amazon.com, Seattle, WA;
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory since Aug 1 - Sep 1, 2010.
new in companies, datasets, education, meetings, software, solutions, websites