- Rocket Fuel Calls Out to Nokia and Teams Up with Northgate for $10M Venture Funding. - Sep 29, 2010.
a $10M Series B round of venture capital was led by Nokia Growth Partners; Rocket Fuel had 10x growth from Q2 2009 to Q2 2010 and 2x sequentially from Q1 2010 to Q2 2010.
- Internet Time Machine finds new trends before they become popular - Sep 29, 2010.
Based on applying advanced economic theory and equations to the Internet search world, the Internet Time Machine acts as a clairvoyant trends, niche, and product identifier.
- Analytics pros hone skills, explore latest trends and techniques at M2010 - Sep 29, 2010.
Hot topics include text analytics, rapid predictive modeling, social network analysis
- Hamilton eyes global niche in analytics - Sep 28, 2010.
11Ants, a New Zealand start-up, is hoping to carve a worldwide niche in the business analytics industry by helping organisations make sense of data lying about in hundreds of millions of Excel spreadsheets.
- What Comes Next in the Red-Hot Analytics Market? - Sep 28, 2010.
The action in the data warehouse/analytic database space has been hot and heavy over the past couple weeks, with new funding, acquisitions and partnerships announced seemingly every day.
- Applying Euclidean Distance Clustering to Social Network Data - Sep 28, 2010.
Euclidean Distance clustering may be applied to Facebook, MySpace and other social network data. This analysis may reveal 'Geo-Groups' of users according to where their network of friends reside.
- Interview with Tim Rey, Director of Dow Chemical Advanced Analytics - Sep 27, 2010.
we talk about Forecasting, the role of Analytics and Dow Chemical, the new SAS Rapid Predictive Modeler, and advice to potential analytics/data mining students.
- Twitter to Release a Real-time Analytics Solution This Year - Sep 25, 2010.
Twitter plans to launch a free analytics dashboard that will help its users - especially businesses - understand how others are interacting with their tweets.
- IBM to open three analytics centres in Europe - Sep 25, 2010.
The centres, based in Zurich, Budapest and Vienna - will complement IBM's other seven analytic hubs around the world. Zurich hub will focus on financial services and public-sector analytics.
- HHS to use data analytics to uncover Medicare, Medicaid fraud - Sep 24, 2010.
Agency estimated the health program for the elderly issued $24.1 billion in improper payments in 2009. Health and Human Services Department plans to install data analysis tools to root out fraudulent payments
- IBM Hybrid Strategy in Business Intelligence - Sep 23, 2010.
IBM acquisition of Netezza highlights how much the fast-growing field of business intelligence is increasingly both a hardware and a software technology.
- IBM acquires Netezza as big data market continues to consolidate - Sep 23, 2010.
Netezza provides high-performance analytics in a data warehousing appliance that claims to handle complex analytic queries 10 to 100 times faster than traditional systems.
- Is Predictive Analytics on the Horizon? - Sep 23, 2010.
Novant was using data mining and analysis tools from MEDai. The health system has compiled benchmark data for 50 distinct disease states
- Fighting Crime with Data - Sep 21, 2010.
new crime fighting software is used in many police deptartments. It examines many variables, like the time of day, the neighbourhoods where they happened, the weather, the day or the week, and even whether it's a full moon.
- IBM Buys Open Pages, Adds Security to Business Analytics - Sep 21, 2010.
Open Pages, a MA-based company that develops risk and compliance software for business, will become part of IBM business analytics portfolio.
- Web Analytics Salary Guide - Sep 20, 2010.
Salaries for web analytics professionals, broken down by title, experience and region.
- Sensor Networks Top Social Networks for Big Data - Sep 20, 2010.
The Internet of Things-with sensors that monitor, for example, road use or airline flights-is poised to dwarf social media sites in its ability to generate data
- MS in Business Analytics at U. Tennessee Knoxville - Sep 20, 2010.
Students learn data analysis and quantitative modeling skills to solve business problems and achieve better business performance. They also gain knowledge of core business topics, develop communication skills, and solve team-based, real-world business problems.
- SAP rolls out real-time business analytics apps - Sep 17, 2010.
Packaged apps based on homegrown SAP technologies, and those from 2007 purchase of Business Objects
- Viscovery boosts sales and profit - Sep 17, 2010.
Austrian-based data mining and predictive analytics company Viscovery reports a considerable growth in sales, profit and market share in 2009 and continues to demonstrate success in the international arena.
- UrbanDigs mines real-estate data - Sep 16, 2010.
A new website lets you mine real-estate data in real time. We ran its first test drive.
- TrueCar search campaign revenues grow 300 percent with SAS(r) Analytics - Sep 15, 2010.
TrueCar.com, the authority on new car prices, selected SAS Office Analytics for Midsized Business and SAS forecasting software to improve marketing campaigns, industry sales forecasts, and reports on pricing and trends.
- Virginia Tech uses Data Mining to stop movie spoilers - Sep 14, 2010.
a data mining algorithm that uses linguistic cues to spot and flag spoilers before you read them, saving much frustration for those who enjoy being surprised.
- Cops, collection agencies turn to data analytics - Sep 13, 2010.
State and local agencies use business intelligence software to fight crime, tax cheats
- Wipro partners with Oracle to offer analytics solutions - Sep 10, 2010.
will offer a warranty management and analytics solution for industrial manufacturing, automotive and high-tech industries
- InferX Awarded a Contract to Perform 'IED Data Analyses Using Predictive Analytics and Advanced Visualization' - Sep 7, 2010.
Company Shows How Next-Generation Predictive Analytics Products and Solutions Help Address Critical National Security Issues Related to IEDs.
- comScore Acquires Nedstat; Alterian Acquires Intrepid - Sep 6, 2010.
comScore acquired Nedstat, Amsterdam-based provider of web analytics and innovative video measurement solutions. Alterian acquired Intrepid, an international market research and social media analytics consultancy.
- UT, ORNL collaborate to improve accuracy of climate change models - Sep 6, 2010.
While some climate variables, such as temperatures over atmospheres and oceans, are relatively easy to predict with models, more extreme variables, such as hurricanes, are not, but they may be more important for climate change impacts and policy.
- Real-Time Analytics Provider Chartbeat Raises $3M from All-Star Investors - Sep 6, 2010.
Series A is led by Index Ventures and includes Ron Conway, Jeff Clavier, Jason Calacanis, Chris Sacca's Lowercase Capital and Betaworks.
- Mind-Boggling: Deloitte Stumped By Low Awareness On Business Analytics - Sep 1, 2010.
In a recent Deloitte poll, 33% of 1,900 technology executives and business professionals, either didn't know if their organization utilized business analytics - or even if they had business analytics capabilities at all.
- The Unica Story: Yuchun Lee's Journey from MIT Blackjack Team to IBM Acquisition - Sep 1, 2010.
Because of his past, Yuchun Lee is legally barred from certain establishments. Luckily, IBM is not one of them.