- Review: Enterprise Business Intelligence Platforms, Q4 2010 - Oct 29, 2010.
IBM Cognos, SAP BusinessObjects, Oracle, Information Builders, SAS, Microsoft, and MicroStrategy led the pack because of the completeness of not just BI, but overall information management functionality. Actuate came out as a Strong Performer on the heels of the Leaders.
- Rapid Insight in Top Three in Direct Marketing Association 2010 Analytic Challenge - Oct 28, 2010.
The top three teams were DataLab USA, Alliance Data and Rapid Insight.
- Teradata's Analytics Pitch - Come One, Come All - Oct 28, 2010.
New releases and messaging provide more potential customer choices, IDC analyst says
- SAP launching analytics appliances - Oct 28, 2010.
SAP plans to release its High-Performance Analytic Appliance (HANA) in November. The HANA machines employ in-memory technology which will boost business intelligence performance.
- New SAS® and Teradata Analytic Advantage Program Enhancements Increase Business Decision-Making Agility - Oct 25, 2010.
Companies can quick start their analytic development and deployment with new capabilities
- Online Advertising Must Change, Says Former Yahoo Exec - Oct 25, 2010.
The internet makes it easier to target consumers, but the ads served to online users need to become more engaging, according to a pair of former Yahoo executives who spoke at the Predictive Analytics World conference in DC.
- Usama Fayyad to join Adknowledge as a Chief Scientist - Oct 22, 2010.
Since leaving Yahoo, Fayyad was involved in a venture capital fund aimed at start-ups in the Middle East, and founded Open Insights LLC, a Bellevue, WA-based data and business intelligence consultancy.
- SAS to aid Pakistan flood relief agency - Oct 21, 2010.
helps create system for managing disaster response, relief distribution
- Gartner Identifies the Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2011 - Oct 21, 2010.
including Next Generation Analytics, Social Analytics, and Cloud Computing. Gartner defines a strategic technology as one with the potential for significant impact on the enterprise in the next three years.
- New Ad Network Mines Social Data for Better Targeting - Oct 19, 2010.
RadiumOne will analyze online users social interactions to create relationship and interest-based groups that it can use to serve up highly targeted brand advertisements.
- Predixion Software to Run SAS, SPSS Models in the Cloud - Oct 19, 2010.
Predixion and Zementis partner to accelerate widespread adoption, use and reuse of predictive analytics models
- How Predictive Analytics Can Make Money for Social Networks - Oct 18, 2010.
Here are some specific ways how analytics will make social networks money, including Recruiting, Sentiment Analysis, Market Fluctuation, Recommendation Engines, and Location-Based Marketing.
- SAS chief says global software sales up 5 pct - Oct 18, 2010.
SAS CEO Jim Goodnight said that global sales of its data-mining products were up about 5 percent so far this year, led by especially strong demand in the Pacific-Asia region and Latin America.
- New Analytic Capability from LexisNexis PatentOptimizer Uncovers Insights across Patent Portfolios - Oct 17, 2010.
allows customers to rapidly identify detailed aspects of entire patent portfolios to uncover critical data intersections, hidden trends, aggregate parts and elements nomenclature, and ranked language variations, among other criteria.
- Kontagent game-analytics to help small developers take on social game leaders - Oct 16, 2010.
Can Kontagent help David topple Goliath through better analytics?
- Datameer Analytics Solution - Oct 16, 2010.
DAS 1.0 is the first Hadoop-based solution for big data that includes data source integration, storage, an analytics engine and visualization.
- Dataglobal extends classification infrastructure to massive data centers - Oct 15, 2010.
dg suite Next Generation Data Management Platform Scales Windows Server FCI Capabilities to Large Enterprises Delivering Unprecedented Data Insight To Reduce Storage Management Costs
- Analytics Growth Steady Through 2014: Report - Oct 14, 2010.
Recession has cut expectations, but innovation and cloud interest should keep market steady, according to IDC
- Teradata Sets the Global Stage for an Exciting New Era of Insight - Oct 14, 2010.
new online social media platform devoted to The Socialization of Data - designed to serve as an epicenter for a New Era of Insight.
- IBM to buy more analytics companies, rivals worried - Oct 14, 2010.
IBM plans to buy more companies within the middleware and analytics sectors, according to Mike Rhodin, senior vice-president of Software Solutions at IBM.
- Truthy.indiana.edu to search, identify smear tactics, Twitter-bombs through November election runup - Oct 13, 2010.
Truthy.indiana.edu is a sophisticated new Twitter-based research tool that combines data mining, social network analysis and crowdsourcing to uncover deceptive tactics and misinformation leading up to the Nov. 2 elections.
- ANGOSS Reports Third Quarter Results - Oct 13, 2010.
The "on demand" analytics solutions business segment was up 64% in the third quarter. Analytics software business segment is flat year over year, with 18% growth in Europe offset by a 10% decline in North America.
- iView Systems, Centrifuge Systems Team to Accelerate Incident Investigations & Manage Risk - Oct 12, 2010.
iView Systems partnered with Centrifuge Systems, a provider of investigative analytics software, to provide gaming, transportation, financial services, utilities, health care, government and other organizations with the ability to target and accelerate incident investigations and manage risk more effectively by leveraging data visualization capabilities.
- Analytical breakthroughs ease health care reform - Oct 1, 2010.
U. of Louisville finds SAS(r) predictive analytics superior in ranking health care provider quality