- Jeff Jonas Video on How Data Makes Corporations Dumb - Oct 26, 2010.
Information is being created faster than organizations can make sense of it. The gap between the growth of information and understanding is widening ... The future doesn't look like Tom Cruise in The Minority Report at all
- Podcast: Mining for Gold - Oct 16, 2010.
Claudia Perlich of Media6Degrees explains how online merchants can learn more about their potential customers by mining the data surrounding social media - without violating strict privacy rules.
- Journalism in the Age of Data - Oct 15, 2010.
a video report on data visualization as a storytelling medium
- Proof and Consequences - Oct 14, 2010.
A new book explores the deceptive power of numbers. Listen to this interview with Charles Seife, author of Proofiness: The Dark Arts of Mathematical Deception.
- KDD-2010 Video lectures available - Oct 12, 2010.
are available, including 3 invited talks, a panel, 22 Research sessions, 2 Data Mining Case Studies Sessions, 4 Industry / Government Sessions, and 10 Tutorials