- Most viewed items for Aug 22-28 - Aug 30, 2010.
Poll Results: half of SAS users consider switching; P != NP Proved?;
Top jobs: Senior Manager or Manager - Statistician at Global consulting organization, 8 locations; Statistician, Ford Credit;
- SAS says it is not WPS victory - Aug 27, 2010.
Court finds WPS Infringed on SAS Copyrights; refers case to European Court of Justice
- New Poll: Your experience with Foursquare, Facebook Places, or other geolocation services - Aug 24, 2010.
Geolocation services are the latest trend, and they present new opportunities for data mining as well as new privacy challenges. What is your experience with geolocation services?
- Poll Results: half of SAS users consider switching - Aug 24, 2010.
among potential switchers, about 60% consider WPS, and 33% consider R. See full results and comments
- Most viewed items for Aug 15-21 - Aug 22, 2010.
P != NP Proved by HP Labs researcher?; Most Comprehensive Social Media Analytics Platform List;
Top jobs: Data Mining Analyst at Waste Management, Houston, TX; Researcher, Predictive Analytics at Xerox Research Center, Webster, NY;
- M2010 discount for KDnuggets Subscribers - Aug 17, 2010.
The SAS M2010 Data Mining Conference attracts the brightest minds in the field of analytics. Join hundreds of attendees and listen to experts from the health care, financial services, manufacturing, retail and education industries. KDnuggets News subscribers are entitled to a 30% discount on M2010 - see details.
- Most viewed items for Aug 8-14 - Aug 16, 2010.
P != NP Proved by HP Labs researcher?; New Poll: Switching from SAS to WPS ?;
Top jobs: Director of Research, Algorithms and Data Mining at JustAnswer, San Francisco, CA; Junior Analytics Manager at Opera Solutions, San Diego, Jersey City, New York, USA;
- New Poll: Switching from SAS to WPS ? - Aug 10, 2010.
Are you considering a switch from SAS in light of recent WPS victory in court?
- P != NP Proved by HP Labs researcher? - Aug 9, 2010.
P != NP is probably the most important problem in theoretical computer science, with $1M prize. Vinay Deolalikar at HP Labs has released a preliminary 100+ page proof that P != NP.
- Most viewed items for week Aug 1-7 - Aug 8, 2010.
The Most Comprehensive Social Media Analytics Platform List; Poll Results: Data types analyzed;
Top jobs: Research Scientist, Data Mining & ML at Siemens Corporate Research, NJ; Risk Forecasting Analyst at CashEdge, CA or NY;
- KDnuggets 1000 Twitter followers word cloud - Aug 7, 2010.
Prominent keywords include Data, analytics, media, social, phd, business, student, online, mining.
- KDNuggets.com is the #1 data mining site - Aug 3, 2010.
according to Analyticbridge members
- New Poll: Do you prefer to analyze Social Networks or Participate - Aug 3, 2010.
At KDD-2010 social networks analysis was a hot topic, yet few attendees participated in the conference social network. Are data miners less social ?
- Poll Results: Data types analyzed - Aug 3, 2010.
tables, time-series still top; highest growth in social networks and ...
- Most viewed news, jobs in July - Aug 3, 2010.
The Most Comprehensive Social Media Analytics Platform List; teach yourself datamining in 21 days;
Top jobs: Knowledge Analyst at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, Purchase, NY; Predictive Modeler/Data Mining Scientist at Humana, Louisville, KY;
- Most viewed items for week July 25-31 - Aug 1, 2010.
Most Comprehensive Social Media Analytics Platforms; Teach yourself datamining in 21 days;
Top jobs: Data Mining Expert - Online Advertising at Resonate Networks; Sr Manager, Strategic Analytics at SIRIUS XM Radio;