- Social media analytics - 2 new tools - Aug 31, 2010.
As new tools develop that are free to use, it becomes harder for paid tools like Radian6 to justify their charges. There's just so many free tools out there that do a good job and make social analytics accessible for any size business.
- WordStat 6.1: new multilingual user interface, better linguistic support, faster - Aug 30, 2010.
WordStat is a flexible content analysis and text mining tool that quickly extracts themes, trends and patterns from large collections of text. It can analyze documents in most human languages.
- New Google Service Will Decide For You - Aug 28, 2010.
Google's service is particularly good at distinguishing between different languages
- Start-up offers free social media analytics service - Aug 26, 2010.
Viralheat offers Web users and publishers a limited slice of the data it collects from the social Web for paying customers
- Search, Web, Social Media Analytics + Monitoring Resources - Aug 23, 2010.
these resources are free or free to try
- Predixion: Closer to liftoff - Aug 21, 2010.
With the beta launch we have people from around the world enjoying predictive analytics in the cloud via Predixion Insight
- Aster Data Offers Free MapReduce IDE To Boost Use of Big Data - Aug 19, 2010.
The new MapReduce IDE (Aster Data Developer Express) is a point-and-click visual development environment. Aster says that any developer familiar with Java can complete a rich analytic application in under an hour
- KNIME selected as Gartner Cool Vendor! - Aug 16, 2010.
KNIME wasselected by Gartner as "Cool Vendor 2010" in the key technology areas Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Performance Management.
- Revolution Analytics Brings Big Data Analysis to R - Aug 7, 2010.
R language can now tackle terabyte-class data sets using Revolution R Enterprise-at a fraction of the cost of legacy analytics products
- MOA: Massive On-line Analysis environment - Aug 5, 2010.
MOA is a framework for data stream mining, with tools for evaluation and a collection of machine learning algorithms. Related to the WEKA project, also written in Java, while scaling to more demanding problems.
- Meet the Big Data Equivalent of the LAMP Stack - Aug 5, 2010.
What's been missing for Big Data analytics has been a LAMP (Linux, Apache HTTP Server, MySQL and PHP) equivalent. Fortunately, there's an emerging LAMP-like stack for Big Data aggregation, processing and analytics
- New competition: Chess ratings - can Kagglers do better than Elo? - Aug 5, 2010.
Can you come up with a better rating system for predicting outcome of chess games between experts?
- Pervasive Software and KNIME.com Deliver Parallel Performance for Data Miners - Aug 2, 2010.
a KNIME-certified plug-in that gives data miners access to high-throughput data operations and a parallel engine within the KNIME interface.