- Ex-Yahoo execs create ChoozOn to sift through the daily deal clutter - Apr 29, 2011.
ChoozOn, co-founded by Usama Fayyad, allows individuals to create their own "personal deal networks" in which users pick the brands and stores that they like the best in order to receive tailored offers.
- US Supreme Court Hears Arguments In Rx Data Mining Case - Apr 27, 2011.
The Court appeared split in a case testing state limits on the buying, selling and profiling of a doctor's prescription records without the physician's consent.
- Please like KDnuggets facebook page - Apr 26, 2011.
Check out http://facebook.com/kdnuggets - you can now get news, jobs, software, courses, and other data mining and analytics items via KDnuggets facebook page
- New KDnuggets Poll: Largest DB you analyzed? - Apr 26, 2011.
In 2010, the median DB analyzed was 8-10 GB. Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com and find out how much bigger our datasets have become.
- Poll Results: In how many competitions did you participate? - Apr 26, 2011.
70% had zero competitions, but 13% had 3 or more. Regionally, AU/NZ and Asian data miners participated in the most competitions, and India and Canada lead among countries.
- Most viewed items for Apr 17-23 - Apr 24, 2011.
A third of Kaggle competitors use R; ECML/PKDD Discovery Challenge 2011: VideoLectures.Net recommender system;
Top jobs: Computational Biologist - Machine Learning Applications - Analytics - R&D at Dow AgroSciences; Quantitative Researcher at WeatherBill;
- Yahoo 4Cast - predict anything - Apr 22, 2011.
Yahoo! 4Cast lets you predict anything, but can it predict its own future?
- Most viewed items for Apr 10-16 - Apr 17, 2011.
Poll Results: most popular R GUIs; Amazon EC2 configuration for scientific computing in Python and R;
Top jobs: Big Data Engineer at Quantifind, Palo Alto, CA; Digital Analytics Manager at NPR, Boston, MA;
- New Poll: In how many competitions did you participate? - Apr 12, 2011.
In how many analytics/data mining competitions did you participate in the past 12 months? Vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- Poll Results: most popular R GUIs - Apr 11, 2011.
This poll got huge participation from over 600 readers; the most popular R GUIs were: built-in console (40%), RStudio (24%), and Eclipse with StatET (16%). However RapidMiner R extension was the top GUI in Europe, and Rattle in AU/NZ.
- Most viewed items for Apr 3-9 - Apr 10, 2011.
New Poll: Which R GUI you use frequently?; R Reference Card for Data Mining;
Top jobs: Software/Algorithms Engineer at Efficient Frontier, Sunnyvale, CA; Director, Data Analytics & Business Intelligence at a leading finance firm, Washington, DC area;
- LinkedIn Skills Survey - Apr 8, 2011.
I found LinkedIn Skills useful, but with many holes. Data mining "skill", while declined by 1% vs last year, greatly dominates other related skills, like Predictive Analytics or Web Mining
- Report from Data 2.0 (KDnuggets Exclusive) - Apr 7, 2011.
Data 2.0 just concluded Apr 4 in San Francisco, examined the growing importance of information accessibility in business, technology and society. $3 million Heritage Health Prize was launched, and top start-ups pitched to over 800 attendees.
- Analytics Crossword - Apr 5, 2011.
Here is KDnuggets 2nd Crossword dedicated to the field Analytics and Data Mining. Enjoy!
- Most viewed items for Mar 27 - Apr 2 - Apr 3, 2011.
New Poll: Which R GUI you use frequently?; Poll Results: R share of analytics work;
Top jobs: Summer intern at Telefonica Research, Madrid, Spain; Analytical Modeling Staff Scientist-11001127 at SAS, San Diego, CA;
- Most viewed news, jobs in March - Apr 1, 2011.
New Poll: R share in your Analytics Work; RStudio IDE;
Top jobs: Decision Scientist, Microsoft Ads Platform; Data Mining Analyst at WIL, Toronto
- Additions to KDnuggets in March - Apr 1, 2011.
New companies, datasets, education, faq, meetings, publications, software, solutions, websites