- Free tools for data cleaning, visualization and analysis - Apr 26, 2011.
Useful free tools for data cleaning, visualization, mapping, and analysis. These tools are more reporting oriented, but are also useful for analysts.
- 250 years of Bayes Theorem - Apr 22, 2011.
The Reverend Thomas Bayes died 250 years ago, but his theorem remains central to predictive analytics applications from spam detection to medical alerts.
- A third of Kaggle competitors use R - Apr 21, 2011.
a third of all Kaggle competitors report using R, but 50% of competition winners used R. Revolution Analytics announced that the big-data capabilities of Revolution R Enterprise available for use in Kaggle competitions, free of charge.
- Starting with R on Heritage Health Prize - Apr 14, 2011.
This blog posts looks at $3M Heritage Health Prize competition and how to get started using the R platform.
- Please Participate in the 5th Annual Data Miner Survey - Apr 14, 2011.
Rexer Analytics is conducting our 5th annual survey of the analytic behaviors, views and preferences of data mining professionals. All analytic professionals are invited to participate.
- Amazon EC2 configuration for scientific computing in Python and R - Apr 12, 2011.
Drew Conway uploaded and made public the Amazon EC2 image, which includes several hundred Python and R packages for scientific computing, statistics, machine learning, data mining and visualization.
- Data.gov, other transparency sites run out of funding - Apr 5, 2011.
Data.gov, USASpending.gov, and similar federal sites that provide data face virtual extinction because it appears that Congress will cut their collective budgets from $34m to $2m.
- Social Tagging Games and Study - Apr 1, 2011.
play two fun games while at the same time contributing to the study of online social tagging behavior
- R Reference Card for Data Mining - Apr 1, 2011.
R Reference Card for Data Mining lists many useful R functions and packages for data mining applications.