- New Poll: Which R GUI you use frequently? - Mar 28, 2011.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: which of these R GUIs you use frequently (if any).
- Poll Results: R share of analytics work - Mar 28, 2011.
There is a bi-polar distribution, with 36% not using R at all, and 34% using R for more than half of their analytics work. European data miners are more likely to be using R for a majority of their work. Many useful links were suggested.
- Most viewed items for Mar 20-26 - Mar 27, 2011.
Review of Data mining tools; Data Mining Lecture: Why Naive Bayes Works;
Top jobs: Analytical Modeling Scientist at SAS, San Diego, CA; Sr. Text Mining Engineer, Web Analytics eBay, San Jose, CA;
- Most viewed items for Mar 13-19 - Mar 20, 2011.
New Poll: R in your Analytics/Data Mining; Time on Data Mining of Personal Info;
Top jobs: Data Mining Analyst at Waterfront Int'l, Toronto; SDE at Amazon
- New Poll: R in your Analytics / Data Mining Work - Mar 15, 2011.
What part of your analytics work in the past 12 months was done in R? Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- Poll Results: Split on Selling Personal Data for Advertising - Mar 15, 2011.
Poll results indicate a split, with 48% saying no, and 41% saying yes, majority of them wanting a high price in exchange.
- Most viewed items for Mar 6-12 - Mar 13, 2011.
Poll Results: Analytics / Data Mining Salaries up in 2011; Big Data mining: Who owns your social network data?;
Top jobs: Decision Scientist, Microsoft Ads Platform at Microsoft, Bellevue, WA; Associate Director, Analytics and Operations at The CementBloc, New York, NY;
- Exclusive Text Analytics Podcast and Presentations - Mar 9, 2011.
Ahead of 2011 Text Analytics Summit (May 18-19, Boston), KDnuggets subscribers can get free access to exclusive podcast and presentations on text analytics
- Most viewed items for Feb 27 - Mar 5 - Mar 6, 2011.
Poll Results: Analytics / Data Mining Salaries up in 2011; RStudio: integrated development environment for R;
Top jobs: Analytic Solution Architect at HP, Austin, TX; Data Mining Specialist at Apple Inc., Austin, TX;
- New Poll: Selling your personal data? - Mar 1, 2011.
Behavioral advertising mines personal data for better ad targeting, but potentially invades privacy. One proposed solution is to allow people to opt-in - sell their personal data to advertisers, in exchange for direct payment. Are you willing to do that?
- Most viewed news, jobs in February - Mar 1, 2011.
Free Public Datasets; New Poll: Data Miners Salary;
Top jobs: DB Marketing Analyst at IBM; Data Mining Specialist at Apple.
- Additions to KDnuggets in February - Mar 1, 2011.
Added to KDnuggets Directory in Companies, Datasets, Education, Meetings, Publications, Software, and Blogs