- MariaDB: the new MySQL? Interview with MySQL main author - Sep 29, 2011.
I want to ensure that the MySQL code base (under the name of MariaDB) will survive as open source, in spite of what Oracle may do.
- Hilary Mason Wants To Get You Started With Big Data - Sep 26, 2011.
First, set up a proper env: Linux, Python and other tools you can find on her Github page.
- Award Winning Data Mining Software At Academic Prices - Sep 20, 2011.
up to 95% discount for students and professors on CART, MARS, TreeNet and RandomForests, and Salford Predictive Modeler (SPM) suite for a one-year license for a single user.
- SAS Veteran joins KNIME Board of Directors - Sep 19, 2011.
Phil Winters, Strategic Advisor to Peppers and Rogers Group, was elected to KNIME's board of directors. Previously, Phil spent 25 years in senior positions at SAS®.
- MIT researchers create new Urban Network Analysis toolbox - Sep 14, 2011.
lets urban designers describe the spatial patterns of cities using mathematical network analysis methods.
- How to process a million songs in 20 minutes - Sep 8, 2011.
I show how to use Amazon’s Elastic Map Reduce to determine each song's density (the average number of notes or atomic sounds).
- Frontline Systems buys XLMiner add-in for Excel - Sep 7, 2011.
XLMiner includes data mining tools such as regression trees, k-nearest neighbors, and neural networks as well as statistics tools like multiple regression, exponential smoothing, and ARIMA models for forecasting.
- 25+ more ways to bring data into R - Sep 5, 2011.
a large list of free datasets and ways to bring them into R
- Access 100M time series in R in under 60 seconds - Sep 3, 2011.
DataMarket is a portal with over 14,000 data sets from various public and private sector organizations - more than 100 million time series available for download and analysis.