Explore educational opportunities and industry partnerships with the Center for Data Mining and Predictive Analytics at DePaul University, Chicago
About the Center
The DAMPA Center is an applied research center dedicated to promoting and supporting research projects, academic programs and industry collaborations in data mining and predictive analytics. The center is a joint venture between DePaul University's College of Computing and Digital Media and the Kellstadt Graduate School of Business involving faculty from the School of Computing and the Department of Marketing with extensive experience in data mining applications.
- Since its inception in June 2010, the Center has worked with 25 companies and organizations looking to partner with students involved with DAMPA, representing industries such as banking, telecom, and analytics firms as well as non-profit organizations.
- DePaul students are actively supporting analytic needs with many of these companies, analyzing large datasets and developing modeling solutions to support decision making.
- In keeping with current trends in the industry and state-of-the art research in data mining, new courses are being developed for upcoming quarters involving topics such as Big Data and the new tools being used.
Master of Science in Predictive Analytics
Our innovative degree prepares graduates for leadership roles in the fast-growing field of data analytics. Students acquire highly sought-after skills in data mining and predictive modeling, including the ability to:
- analyze and manage large datasets
- develop advanced modeling solutions to support business decision making
- understand fundamental principles of marketing and customer relationship management
- effectively communicate results to non-technical business audiences.