- SIGKDD 2011 Innovation Award Winner - Aug 16, 2011.
Dr. Ross Quinlan for his seminal contributions to rule induction and decision tree algorithms and for participating in laying the foundation of data mining, particularly with the invention of ID3 and C4.5
- SIGKDD 2011 Service Award Winner - Aug 16, 2011.
Dr. Bharat Rao is the winner of its 2011 Service Award for his contributions to society and the data mining community.
- Poll Results: Top Languages for Data Mining/Analytics - Aug 16, 2011.
R (used by 45%), SQL (32%), and Python (25%) are top languages for data mining/data analysis. A typical data miner uses 2 languages.
- New Financial Services Track at Predictive Analytics World NYC - Aug 15, 2011.
3rd track covers financial services applications of predictive analytics. Sessions feature content for newcomers and expert practitioners alike.
- Join Us For The Salford Analytics and Data Mining Conference - Aug 5, 2011.
in San Diego, CA in May 2012. We welcome all levels of data analysts, from students to experts interested in sharing projects and discussing real-world solutions.
- Exclusive Text Analytics Content - Aug 10, 2011.
as part of launch of West Coast Text Analytics Summit, Nov 10-11, San Jose, get free access to exclusive text analytics industry information.
- Interview with Rapid-I Ingo Mierswa and Simon Fischer - Aug 12, 2011.
Ajay Ohri interviews CEO, R&D Head of Rapid-I, makers of RapidMiner, a leading open-source suite for analytics and data mining. They talk about algorithms marketplace, extensions , big data analytics, hadoop, mobile computing and use of the graphical user interface in analytics.
- Top news for Aug 7-13 - Aug 14, 2011.
Sex, Lies and Data Mining; Machine Learning 202; DM exempt from UK copyright laws
Top jobs: Data Analytics Specialist at BP, Houston, TX, USA; Predictive Modeling and Data Mining Scientists/Analysts at Obama 2012 Presidential Campaign, Chicago, IL;
- Top news for Jul 31 - Aug 6 - Aug 7, 2011.
New Poll: What Languages you used for data mining; Introduction to AI (free online course);
Top jobs: Predictive Modeling/Data Mining Scientists at Obama 2012 Campaign; Sr. Software Engineer, AI, Machine learning, NLP at Amazon
- Data Analyst (Matching) at eHarmony, Santa Monica, CA - Aug 12, 2011.
support the design, development and execution of matching related predictive models and analytics. Perform data mining and analysis to identify distinct, actionable user segments and recommend revenue-enhancing strategies.
- Marketing Data Analyst at True North Custom Media, Chattanooga, TN - Aug 11, 2011.
develops predictive modeling applications in support of client production requirements and construction of new data solutions.
- Systems Analyst/Programmer at True North Custom Media, Chattanooga, TN - Aug 11, 2011.
provide critical leadership and assistance in connecting and maintaining True North database systems.
- Systems Administrator at True North Custom Media, Chattanooga, TN - Aug 11, 2011.
ensure that all aspects of DB systems development and production are operating efficiently.
- Data Analytics Specialist at BP, Houston, TX, USA - Aug 8, 2011.
Apply data mining, AI, and predictive analytics to BP applications in oil and gas exploration and production
- Marketing Data Analyst at CREDO Mobile, San Francisco, CA - Aug 5, 2011.
looking for someone who loves numbers, loves business, loves data and loves mixing all three to make a positive impact on the bottom line.
- Sr. Software Engineer, AI, Machine learning, NLP at Amazon.com, Seattle, WA - Aug 3, 2011.
Does converting un-structured data into structured information interest you? Do you like taking on new challenges and exploring new frontiers in product search? Are you interested in analyzing vast amounts of data in pursuit of algorithms that make a significant impact to the bottom line?
- Software Engineer - Ads, Targeting and Prediction Systems at Amazon.com, Seattle, WA - Aug 3, 2011.
We delight in data, and are constantly trying to enrich our models and make more informed decisions using every bit and byte we have.
- Revolution Analytics powers better business insights through CrowdANALYTIX - Aug 16, 2011.
a free trial version of Revolution R Enterprise tool is offered to all CrowdANALYTIX consultants and CrowdANALYTIX competition solvers for use in any CrowdANALYTIX competition.
- Nielsen Acquires Marketing Analytics - Aug 15, 2011.
Evanston, IL co. is a leader in analytics and advanced planning software. All 52 employees will join the Nielsen team.
- Flurry Free Web Analytics 3.0 - Aug 15, 2011.
focuses on audience segmentation, giving mobile application makers the power to segment their audience on any usage behavior
- Webtrends buys Reinvigorate analytics firm - Aug 14, 2011.
brings real-time analytics and new data visualization technologies - heat maps, link maps and visitor path analysis - to Webtrends portfolio.
- 11Ants Analytics Customer Churn Analyzer - Aug 10, 2011.
Next generation software provides fast-track for companies wanting to expand customer analytics capabilities. Users can develop powerful models with literally a few mouse clicks, putting valuable customer insights directly into their hands in minutes.
- STATISTICA is Now Available to Students and Faculty for just $25 USD - Aug 8, 2011.
download 6 or 12 month rentals, starting at just $25 USD, for students and faculty in the US, Canada, Mexico, Ireland, and UK.
- Data mining to be exempt from UK copyright laws - Aug 7, 2011.
The change is part of the government's plans to modernize the UK's intellectual property laws
- Zettaset New Security Data Warehouse Enables Big Data Mining for Forensic Analysis - Aug 4, 2011.
Able to track anomalies from multiple disparate sources across an organization to mitigate fraud and other risks. Affordable and Horizontally Scalable to Mine Petabytes of Data across multiple years.