- Predicting Wine Quality Contest - May 25, 2011.
The two datasets are related to red and white variants of the Portuguese "Vinho Verde" wine. Only physicochemical (inputs) and sensory (the output) variables are available, and the goal is to predict wine quality.
- The Privacy Challenge in Online Prize Contests - May 23, 2011.
How Overstock Reclab Prize and Heritage Health Prize avoid Netflix-style privacy blowup in their new contests
- Detection of Differences between Non-Standard Distributions - May 23, 2011.
looking for statistical approaches to describe changes (or shifts) in the distributions of data on experimental subjects between two different treatments. Should be easy to explain to non-technical people.
- A $1M prize for the best product recommendation algorithm - May 20, 2011.
RecLab $1M Prize on Overstock.com challenges researchers to advance the state of the art in product recommendations with new privacy-secure cloud environment
- Hacking Education: A Contest for Developers and Data Crunchers - May 17, 2011.
use data about teacher requests and donations to make discoveries and build apps that improve education in America. Help to shape your school system's budget by revealing what teachers really need.
- inSCIght Scientific Podcast: Kaggle, Competitions for Data Scientists - May 12, 2011.
The latest episode, "Hacking Education: crowd sourcing for the win!", with Kaggle CEO Anthony Goldbloom, discusses competitions for developers and data scientists.
- TunedIT Contest: identify substances from electromagnetic signatures. - May 12, 2011.
Canadian hi-tech company offers $45,000 for the best algorithm to identify substances from electromagnetic signatures. Contest hosted by TunedIT.
- Heritage Health Prize Demands Exclusivity; Others Call for a Boycott - May 6, 2011.
Heritage Health Prize recent rule change which demands complete exclusive rights to the algorithms used on their data provokes calls for a boycott
- Hearst Challenge 2011 - May 4, 2011.
The challenge, starting May 19, is to predict response to email solicitations. The winner gets 25K grand prize.