- ICDM 2011 Data Mining Contest - Jun 30, 2011.
The challenge is to develop methods that can predict future editing activity on Wikipedia. Prizes for top finishers total 10K.
- Competition Shines Light on Dark Matter - Jun 29, 2011.
in less than a week, a PhD student created an algorithm that outperformed the state-of-the-art algorithms for mapping dark matter.
- Student Data-Mining-Cup 2011 Results - Jun 27, 2011.
Students from Dortmund and Karlsruhe won the DATA-MINING-CUP 2011 and are therefore among the best up-and-coming data miners in the world
- Humanities Digging into Data Challenge - Jun 13, 2011.
8 digital-humanities research projects showed how creative scholars have gotten in combining big data and digital tools.
- Heritage Health Prize final data - Jun 6, 2011.
The competition is very close, with 100th submission only 4% worse than the leader. The final data released on June 4 is 53MB (zipped) and includes Members, Claims, Labs, RX, DaysInHospital tables and the target.
- Hearst, DMA launch second analytics challenge - Jun 4, 2011.
The goal is is to predict whether a consumer will open or click through an email promotion. Top prize is $25K.