- Digital Reasoning Introduces Select Partner Program for Big Data Analytics - Jun 28, 2011.
to support the growing ecosystem of leading technology vendors building the next generation of analytic solutions for Big Data.
- Keeping Score on How You Take Your Medicine - Jun 26, 2011.
new FICO Medication Adherence Score predicts which patients are at highest risk for skipping or incorrectly using prescription medications.
- IBM's Netezza Rolls out Large-scale Analytic Appliance - Jun 25, 2011.
new analytic appliance can analyze up to 10 petabytes of data in minutes.
- Medicare claims soon to be open for data mining - Jun 23, 2011.
Researchers would be able to pay for individual physicians claims information to develop quality reports for the public.
- To Buy or Not to Buy? Decide Has The Answer - Jun 21, 2011.
Search for a TV, camera or a laptop and get an immediate buy or wait recommendation, a prediction, with confidence level, on when to buy.
- Partners Accenture, SAS to Develop Analytical Products on 3 Continents - Jun 20, 2011.
Accenture and SAS will jointly establish innovation centers (in Europe, San Jose, and Mumbai) to develop analytical capabilities and products for a host of markets.
- What Gamers Want: Researchers Develop Tool To Predict Player Behavior - Jun 19, 2011.
a new method that can accurately predict the behavior of players in online role-playing games with up to 80% accuracy.
- New Open-source Analytics Options - Jun 17, 2011.
Infobright, Jaspersoft and Ingres announce new open-source analytics, DW offerings. Of particular interest is Rough Query which lets users get results faster from especially large data sets.
- Pitney Bowes Committed to Customer Communications and Analytics - Jun 14, 2011.
Pitney Bowes wants to position its software, services and hardware to help customers with profiling, preparation, multichannel output, customer response management and analytics.
- SAS leads advanced analytics market - Jun 14, 2011.
according to IDC Worldwide BI Tools 2010 report, SAS continues to lead the market with 35.2 percent share.
- FEMA watchdog endorses data mining to uncover overpayments - Jun 12, 2011.
Federal inspectors are calling for FEMA to use data mining for preventing future losses since the agency is now tasked with recovering about $643 million worth of potential overpayments for housing assistance.
- A database of payments to doctors by drug companies - Jun 10, 2011.
Opens access to payment information compiled from pharmaceutical and medical device industries
- Google Acquires PostRank, An Analytics Service For The Social Web - Jun 9, 2011.
PostRank helps measure how far content, like tweets and Facebook updates, spread across the web. POstrank team will be relocating to Google headquarters.
- Data Hero Awards - Jun 3, 2011.
The EMC data hero awards honor data practitioners that have made a profound impact on individuals, organizations and the world. The winners include: