- SocialNuggets launches portal analyzing data on tablet usage - Jul 29, 2011.
free data analysis on tablet usage , based on millions of tweets, blog posts and other online content.
- Low-Cost Options For Predictive Analytics Challenge SAS, IBM - Jul 27, 2011.
Revolution Analytics, Alpine Data Labs step up the competition against market leaders.
- Ninja Metrics analyzes player behavior to enhance online gaming experience - Jul 26, 2011.
can analyze data to identify key traits among massive multiplayer online gaming communities to let game creators identify players psycho-social motivations and improve user experience.
- SAS big analytics tackles big data, speeds analysis - Jul 26, 2011.
New capabilities simplify big data management and allow businesses to derive insights from all of their data, not just a sample. Companies like Expedia can now use their data in ways that were not previously possible.
- Clario Analytics Launches Clario Core - Jul 24, 2011.
An out-of-the-box, cloud-based marketing analytics solution that puts actionable intelligence within reach of marketers
- Vivisimo Receives U.S. Patent for Clustering System and Method - Jul 23, 2011.
Remix clustering provides emerging themes to the researcher, enabling faster knowledge discovery and exploration.
- First Look - Modern Analytics - Jul 22, 2011.
started in 2001 by building analytical capabilities for a major bank in Europe; later expanded their analytic infrastructure, for which they hold a number of patents, to many other industries.
- IBM rolls out cloud-based Web analytics tool - Jul 20, 2011.
New tool, product of Unica and Coremetrics acquisitions, links analytics from platforms including Web and social media with marketing efforts
- Microsoft Wants To Eliminate Buyer's Remorse - Jul 19, 2011.
scans a large DB of product histories to predict which way the price of a piece of high-tech hardware will vary in the coming months.
- Obama Builds Data Team That Could Inform Digital Ads, Social - Jul 18, 2011.
Obama for America has been hiring data quants, and recently posted job openings for predictive modeling and data mining analysts, along with state data directors.
- SAS Celebrates 35 Years as an Analytic Innovator - Jul 17, 2011.
The world largest privately-held software company commemorates 35 years of continuous revenue, customer and employee growth
- Big Data and the European Commission: CFP - Jul 15, 2011.
projects that develop and test new technologies to manage and exploit extremely large volumes of data, with real time capabilities are encouraged to apply for funding from European Commission.
- DataSift Secures $6 Million in Funding - Jul 14, 2011.
DataSift reads social data sources, including Twitter, FB, and WP and lets users mine that data in a highly granular way.
- Sequilab a virtual research lab for life scientists doing sequence analysis. - Jul 11, 2011.
a sequence-profiling portal with web 2.0 interactivity features which lets user directly link NCBI-BLAST results instantly to an inventory of sequence analysis tools
- Datameer and MapR Partner to Promote Big Data Analytics - Jul 8, 2011.
The partnership will focus on Hadoop-based analytics, and will a variety of joint technology and marketing efforts
- IDC: World's data to grow 50-fold by 2020 - Jul 8, 2011.
Much more data is created about people's activities than they create directly via email, photos, and downloading. In 2011, about 1.8 zettabytes (1.8T gigabytes) of data will be created.
- Global BI tools market generates over $4bn revenue in second half 2010 - Jul 6, 2011.
The top 2 BI tools vendors for the full year were SAP and IBM, both accounting for more than $1bn each in software revenue during 2010.
- Twitter Acquires Social Analytics Company BackType - Jul 6, 2011.
Team, IP will move to the Twitter platform group. BackType started as a comment tracker but to a turned social analytics platform