- Algorithms Tell Consumers When to Buy Tech Products - Aug 30, 2011.
Sites help people find the balance between buying right away (and paying top dollar) and buying later (and possibly getting an outdated gadget).
- Discovering fake reviews online - Aug 29, 2011.
The computer was much more accurate than humans in detecting fake reviews (90% vs 60%). Humans are just bad at telling when people are lying.
- The Big Data revolution: 5 startups mining the trend - Aug 27, 2011.
Memeburn takes a look at five Silicon Valley startups and how they're looking to use Big Data.
- Growing Need for "Big Data" Analysis Spurs Growth in KDD Conference - Aug 24, 2011.
More than 1,100 experts who analyze "Big Data" gathered in San Diego for the industry's major conference on "Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining" (KDD) (22% increase over last year).
- HP buys Autonomy, focuses on analytics - Aug 20, 2011.
Autonomy unstructured document management capabilities give HP the opportunity to build a "next generation information platform", according to HP CEO Apotheker. Analyst Tony Byrne criticized the move: "With Autonomy, HP is acquiring an aging technology base from a company that is little-loved by most of its customers".
- VC invest In Cloud BI Platform GoodData - Aug 18, 2011.
offers a cloud-based data analytics solution that is more cost-effective than similar products offered by IBM, SAP and Oracle. Companies can plug GoodData products into their own cloud-based SaaS products.
- Revolution Analytics powers better business insights through CrowdANALYTIX - Aug 16, 2011.
a free trial version of Revolution R Enterprise tool is offered to all CrowdANALYTIX consultants and CrowdANALYTIX competition solvers for use in any CrowdANALYTIX competition.
- Nielsen Acquires Marketing Analytics - Aug 15, 2011.
Evanston, IL co. is a leader in analytics and advanced planning software. All 52 employees will join the Nielsen team.
- Flurry Free Web Analytics 3.0 - Aug 15, 2011.
focuses on audience segmentation, giving mobile application makers the power to segment their audience on any usage behavior
- Webtrends buys Reinvigorate analytics firm - Aug 14, 2011.
brings real-time analytics and new data visualization technologies - heat maps, link maps and visitor path analysis - to Webtrends portfolio.
- 11Ants Analytics Customer Churn Analyzer - Aug 10, 2011.
Next generation software provides fast-track for companies wanting to expand customer analytics capabilities. Users can develop powerful models with literally a few mouse clicks, putting valuable customer insights directly into their hands in minutes.
- STATISTICA is Now Available to Students and Faculty for just $25 USD - Aug 8, 2011.
download 6 or 12 month rentals, starting at just $25 USD, for students and faculty in the US, Canada, Mexico, Ireland, and UK.
- Data mining to be exempt from UK copyright laws - Aug 7, 2011.
The change is part of the government's plans to modernize the UK's intellectual property laws
- Zettaset New Security Data Warehouse Enables Big Data Mining for Forensic Analysis - Aug 4, 2011.
Able to track anomalies from multiple disparate sources across an organization to mitigate fraud and other risks. Affordable and Horizontally Scalable to Mine Petabytes of Data across multiple years.
- Designing a better crystal ball - Aug 2, 2011.
National crowdsourcing project to better predict world events
- SAP, Google integrate Enterprise Analytics and Maps - Aug 2, 2011.
bring together business analytics software and location-based data capabilities to help users make better business decisions.