- GE, Thomson Reuters Healthcare Analytics - May 30, 2011.
Pharmaceutical firms and other healthcare organizations will now be able to conduct evidence-based research on data that enables them to better quantify the effectiveness of medical treatments on discrete patient populations.
- Cheezburger hires a data scientist - May 28, 2011.
Cheezburger Network hired Sean Power as the company's first data scientist for its Fail Blog, I Can Has Cheezburger and other comedy web sites.
- Wharton Customer Analytics Initiative Announces Grant Recipients - May 27, 2011.
10 grants were awarded to empirically-oriented research proposals that will offer substantive insights about mobile customer behavior while also advancing marketing science and practice.
- Chomp App search data for April - May 26, 2011.
Highlights from April Search Analytics from Chomp, the search engine for finding and recommending mobile apps.
- IBM launches Hadoop-based analytics software, big data services - May 23, 2011.
IBM will invest $100 million on research for analytics and big data projects and expanded its portfolio accordingly. The company also launched Hadoop-based services.
- Clarabridge 4.5 Providing Sentiment and Text Analytics - May 20, 2011.
adds integration with Lithium, NM Incite Buzzmetrics and Radian6, Real-time APIs, Improved Analytics, and French and Portuguese NLP in Support of new EMEA Headquarters
- Kleiner Perkins Leads $9M Round In Apache Hadoop-Based Analytics Platform Datameer - May 19, 2011.
Datameer, a startup that offers a big data analytics solution built on Apache Hadoop, has raised $9.25 million led by Kleiner Perkins with participation from Redpoint Ventures
- New Startup in Predictive Analytics Market - May 17, 2011.
Big data predictive analytics provider Alpine Data Labs secures large capital boost; enters U.S. market
- ODNI: We did no data mining in 2010 - May 16, 2011.
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence performed no data mining in 2010, but at least two programs in development could be used for data mining in the future
- EMC's Hadoop Move Points To Analysis Arms Race - May 15, 2011.
Planned Greenplum appliance will bridge structured and unstructured data, and it's easy to see the industry's top vendors will follow with their own all-purpose analytic platforms.
- IIA Study: Analytics Critical To The Future Of Health Care, Life Sciences - May 13, 2011.
Analytics-based tools can change health care. The use of analytics - data, statistical methods and analyses, and rigorous, quantitative approaches to decision making about patients and their care - is at the heart of evidence-based medicine.
- Deloitte buys Oco Inc., SaaS BI provider - May 10, 2011.
Deloitte has acquired substantially all of the assets of Oco, Inc., a leading provider of enterprise-class software as a service (SaaS) business intelligence (BI) solutions.
- Data Mining Algorithm Identifies Melanoma-Detecting Biomarker - May 4, 2011.
a 17-gene genomic biomarker, identified by Salford Systems data mining algorithm TreeNet(r), enables the Epidermal Genetic Information Retrieval (EGIR) method to detect melanoma accurately.
- Yale SOM, IBM Prepare Students with Analytics Skills - May 4, 2011.
Yale SOM and its Center for Customer Insights in collaboration with IBM is addressing the need for students to build strong analytics skills with a first-of-its-kind "Customer Insight" project-focused class.
- Angoss Software Patent for Interactive Decision Tree Modification - May 2, 2011.
Patent 7,873,651 is for a method and system for interactive decision tree modification and visualization