- KDD 2011, Aug 21-24, San Diego. Early reg by June 30 - Jun 28, 2011.
KDD-2011 is analytics/data mining top conference for researchers and practitioners. Register by June 30 for lowest rates. New this year: Industry Practice Expo with successful case studies from top companies.
- New Poll: Annual Vacation Time? - Jun 28, 2011.
We do need a vacation from data. Vote in the poll and let me know how much vacation time you took (or plan to take) in 2011.
- Most viewed items for Jun 19-25 - Jun 26, 2011.
LexisNexis open-sources its Hadoop killer; What do Data Miners Need to Learn?
Top jobs: Senior Data Mining Engineer at eBay; Sr. Data Miner/Predictive Analyst at Elder Research, DC.
- Supreme Court Strikes Down Ban on Medical Data Mining - Jun 25, 2011.
Data on what doctors are prescribing is protected by the First Amendment, and pharma companies have every right to buy that information and use it to target their marketing efforts, the Supreme Court has ruled.
- Poll results: Data types analyzed/mined - Jun 20, 2011.
The top 3 data types were table data, time series, and itemsets / transactions. The ones that most grew in popularity were location/geo/mobile data, music/audio, and time series.
- Most viewed items for Jun 12-18 - Jun 19, 2011.
What do Data Miners Need to Learn? Journalistic Data Mining;
Top jobs: Scientist, Predictive Analytics at Disney Interactive, Palo Alto; Statistician at Chubb Insurance, NJ.
- Most viewed items for Jun 5-11 - Jun 12, 2011.
Poll Results: Education Level; Data types analyzed/mined in the past 12 months;
Top jobs: RA for sports/football analytics, Hyderabad/Singapore; Assoc. Predictive Modeler at Allstate
- New Poll: Data types analyzed/mined in the past 12 months - Jun 7, 2011.
Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com - What data types you analyzed/mined in the past 12 months ?
- Poll Results: Education Level - Jun 7, 2011.
KDnuggets readers are quite well educated, with 32% having Ph.D. and 86% having at least MS or another graduate degree.
- Most viewed items for May 29 - Jun 4 - Jun 6, 2011.
Poll Results: analytics/data mining tools used for a real project; The Netflix Prize, Big Data, SVD and R;
Top jobs: Principal Program Analyst at CQuotient; Software / Systems Engineer, Data Mining/Machine Learning at CCRi.
- Most viewed news, jobs in May - Jun 1, 2011.
New Poll: Analytics, Data Mining Tools Used; Poll Results: analytics/data mining tools used for a real project;
Top jobs: Sr. QMS Data Analyst at Sonos; Senior Data Mining, Statistical Analysis Role at JPMorgan Chase.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in May - Jun 1, 2011.
New Companies, Datasets, Education, Meetings, Software, Solutions, Blogs