- Top news for Oct 23-29 - Oct 30, 2011.
Data mining tools review - update; Big data mining, fairness and privacy; New Poll: Methods/algorithms used in 2011;
Top jobs: Faculty, Information Systems at U. of Waterloo; Algo. Dev. Scientist at Biodesix, Steamboat Springs, CO;
- CrossValidated - Q/A site for statistical topics - Oct 25, 2011.
Cross Validated is a site where people can ask and answer questions about statistical topics, part of the Stack Exchange network of community driven Q & A sites.
- New Poll: Methods/algorithms used in 2011 - Oct 25, 2011.
Which methods/algorithms did you use for data mining/analytics in 2011? Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com
- Top news for Oct 16-22 - Oct 23, 2011.
Judge forbids use of Bayes Theorem; If Data Were a Person; Habits of Highly Effective Data Professionals;
Top jobs: Manager, Predictive Analytics and Optimization at Shopzilla, LA; Database Marketing Analyst at Stroll, Philadelphia;
- Top news for Oct 9-15 - Oct 16, 2011.
Judge forbids use of Bayes Theorem. Really?; How Obama's data-crunching prowess may get him re-elected;
Top jobs: Data Mining Scientist at Apple; PhD students in Mobile Sensing/Data Mining at U. of Koblenz, Germany
- How Obama's data-crunching prowess may get him re-elected - Oct 11, 2011.
So far in the presidential election of 2012, there is only one campaign that is doing cutting-edge work with data. (this CNN story features KDnuggets)
- Columbus day to celebrate and reflect upon discovery? - Oct 10, 2011.
an appropriate day to celebrate and reflect upon DISCOVERY, an essential part of our field, whether it is called predictive analytics, data science, data mining or knowledge discovery.
- Judge forbids use of Bayes Theorem. Really? - Oct 9, 2011.
A UK judge rules ruled that a Bayes theorem can no longer be used in court. This could affect thousands of cases. Seriously.
- Top news for Oct 2-8 - Oct 9, 2011.
Data Mining Ontology Foundry; Data Mining Research Notes; KDD-12
Top jobs: Data Mining Scientist at Apple; Research Scientist - Knowledge Representation and Reasoning at IBM Research, Dublin.
- Top news for Sep 25 - Oct 1 - Oct 2, 2011.
Poll Results: How different is "Data Science" from "Statistics"?; Data Scientist Summit 2011 Videos;
Top jobs: Research Scientist - ML / DM / Learning Systems at IBM Research, Dublin, Ireland; DM Specialist at Statistics Solutions, Palm Harbor, FL.
- Top news, jobs in September - Oct 1, 2011.
New Poll: Is Data Science different from Statistics; Data Scientist Summit Videos;
Top jobs: Researcher - Recommender Sys/Analytics at Ericsson, Ireland; Fraud Investigation at MasterCard.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in September - Oct 1, 2011.
New Companies, Datasets, Education, Meetings, Software, Blogs