- Blogging the Stanford Machine Learning Class, week 2 - Oct 28, 2011.The adventures of Slate writer in the The lazy hiker world (known to nerds as gradient descent algorithm)
- Predictive Analytics World London - one month to go! - Oct 25, 2011.One month before Predictive Analytics World London (30 Nov - 1 Dec) - meet the top experts and learn from latest case studies. Register now and save! Bigger savings when you bring a colleague.
- Center for Data Mining and Predictive Analytics at DePaul U., Chicago - Oct 25, 2011.Learn about MS in Predictive Analytics, industry partnerships with the Center for Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Data Mining: Failure to Launch [ Free Webinar, Nov 9 ] - Oct 24, 2011.learn how to get started with data mining and overcome both strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential.
- ACM Data Mining Camp 2011 Report - Oct 22, 2011.over 500 people attended to learn about big data, map reduce, predictive models, mobile analytics and crowdsourcing.
- SuperData Summit (Nov 16, San Diego) Celebrates analytics and features Watson - Oct 19, 2011.features IBM's Watson demo, next generation supercomputers, and a look at the future of analytics
- Earn Stanford Graduate Certificate in Data Mining Online - Oct 19, 2011.As data mining professionals, you need to see what others can't and be smart enough to know what you're looking at. Stanford graduate courses give you the tools you need to extract meaning from large datasets, develop predictive models, and understand strategic decision-making applications.
- Marketing Analytics - Boston - November 10-11 - KDnuggets discount - Oct 14, 2011.designed for Marketing, Customer Insight, Customer Intelligence, Competitive Intelligence, and Market Research professionals who wan to know how top performers in both B2B and B2C businesses utilize customer and marketing analytics. Special discount to KDnuggets readers!
- Beginning Machine Learning and Natural Language Classes, Oct - Nov, Bay area - Oct 14, 2011.Are you interested in beefing up your skills? Consider taking a Machine Learning Class!
- Data Mining: Failure to Launch [ Free Webinar, Oct 18, Nov 9 ] - Oct 12, 2011.learn how to get started with data mining and overcome both strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential.
- Text West: Early Bird ends Friday - Oct 11, 2011.Text West (Nov 10-11, San Jose) provides an excellent opportunity to network with new vendors and end users on the other side of the country.
- Learn What Really Works in Data Mining: Nov in Dallas | Dec in Los Angeles - Oct 11, 2011.insist on 1000% ROI from your data mining initiatives! Learn how to get it from TMA Predictive Analytics and Data Mining course series.
- 1 week until Predictive Analytics World October 2011 in New York - Oct 11, 2011.Register by Friday Oct 14 and Save $200. Can't Miss Events: Everyday Analytics Keynote with Tom Davenport; Building Watson – Deep QA Project; The Biggest Predictive Analytics Competitions for $Millions, and more.
- FICO Webinar, Oct 19: Managing Predictive Models in a Regulated, Dynamic Economy - Oct 6, 2011.focuses on best practices to build, improve, and refine methodologies for achieving regulatory compliance while simultaneously spurring growth. FICO is presenting the webinar twice, in order to focus separately on North American and European compliance issues.
- KDD-2012 Call for Papers, due Feb 10, 2012 - Oct 6, 2011.18th ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, August 12-16, 2012, Beijing, China - the premier conference in the field.
- Big Data Impressions from Strata Summit NYC - Oct 5, 2011.a report on the Strata Summit on the Business of Data
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium Highlights, San Francisco, Nov 9, 2011 - Oct 4, 2011.Zynga, TripAdvisor, HP, Red Cross to Headline the Symposium. 3rd Symposium highlights role sentiment plays in social and media measurement, customer experience, and market research.
- Slides and replay from "R and Hadoop" webinar - Oct 3, 2011.Over 1000 people signed up for a record-setting Revolution Analytics webinar.
Data Mining / Analytic Courses, Events News, Oct 2011
|→ Education in Analytics and Data Mining|
→ Webcasts and Webinars