- Big data mining, fairness and privacy - Oct 27, 2011.
A vision statement towards an interdisciplinary roadmap of research
- KDnuggets 11:n25, Methods for Data Analysis/Mining? CrossValidated - Oct 26, 2011.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features (6) | Courses, Events (4) | Webcasts (1) | Software (4) | Jobs (6) | Academic (3) | Competitions (3) | Meetings (3) | Publications (7) | NewsBriefs (6) | CFP (7)
- If Data Were a Person, Who it would it be like? - Oct 22, 2011.
Australian antropologist attempts to describe this hypothetical person: Data loves a good relationship, has a country, is feral, likes to deceive, doesn't last forever, and more.
- Awareness, Opportunity and ROI in text analytics - Oct 21, 2011.
This exclusive interview covers such topics as improving customer satisfaction, ROI analysis of text analytics projects, and emerging opportunities in the field.
- Habits of Highly Effective Data Professionals - Oct 19, 2011.
What if Steven Covey, author of best-selling "7 habits of Highly Effective People" was a technologist, data professional, or data scientist?
- Cops on the trail of crimes that haven't happened - Oct 17, 2011.
The software used by Santa Cruz police dept as looks at WHERE crime might be committed.
- Big Data in the Dirt (and the Cloud) - Oct 16, 2011.
Climate Corporation used 60 years of crop yield data, 14 TB of soil data (every 2 sq. miles for the US), to create insurance against climate events like drought, too much rain at the planting or the harvest, or an early freeze.
- Government Aims to Build a 'Data Eye in the Sky' - Oct 14, 2011.
social scientists are trying to mine the Web searches, Twitter, Facebook, blogs, phone locations and other digital signals to predict the future.
- Benford's Law indicates growing accounting fraud in the US - Oct 14, 2011.
The deviation increased sharply between 1982-1986 before leveling off, then zoomed up again from 1998 to 2002. The deviation dropped off very slightly in 2003-2004 after the enactment of Sarbanes-Oxley accounting reform act in 2002.
- 25 years of Machine Learning Journal - Free access in October - Oct 12, 2011.
The Machine Learning journal has been the arena of the scholarly debate for 25 years, reach a vast audience with high-quality content. Celebrate the 25th Anniversary year with us!
- KDnuggets 11:n24, Bayes theorem outlawed? KDD-2012; Learning from Columbus mistake - Oct 12, 2011.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including Features (10) | Courses, Events (2) | Webcasts (2) | Software (7) | Jobs (5) | Academic (7) | Competitions (3) | Meetings (3) | Publications (6) | NewsBriefs (8) | CFP (8)
- Music Data Mining Research and Bibliograhy - Oct 9, 2011.
a very comprehensive survey of Music data mining research, including papers and datasets for Association Mining, Genre Classification, Rhythm Classification, Artist Classification, Mood Detection and Classification and more.
- Data Science: a literature review - Oct 8, 2011.
Is it a useful rebranding of analytics or a statistician who lives in select regions of california or works at bitly?
- Process Mining Manifesto from IEEE Task Force on Process Mining - Oct 7, 2011.
The goal is to increase the visibility of process mining as a new tool to improve the (re)design, control, and support of operational business processes.
- Data Mining Research Notes - Oct 1, 2011.
a categorized list of Wikipedia articles useful for data mining students, covering many important concepts and how they relate to each other.