- Competition: Forecasting S&P 500 - Nov 28, 2011.
This competition is first of first of many aimed at building a quality market prediction engine.
- Badges, Trophies, and Achievements: Recognition and Accreditation for Informal and Interest-Driven Learning - Nov 27, 2011.
We seek empirical and theoretical research focusing on areas such as Ranking, badging, and achievement systems in games, clubs, competitions; Accreditation and certificates outside of formal degree programs, including areas such as work skills training, language, and writing. 100K+ in Research, Doctoral, and Student grants.
- WhatDoYouKnow: Educational Data Mining Competition - Nov 23, 2011.
Given a sequence of item responses from a student, the task is to predict the accuracy of the student's response to a specified next question
- Kaggle: Algorithmic Trading Challenge - Nov 18, 2011.
Develop new models to accurately predict the market response to large trades.
- WSDM Yandex Relevance Prediction Challenge - Nov 8, 2011.
The challenge provides a fully anonymized dataset from Yandex, with user queries, clicks on URLs and their relevance labels.
- Webcast and Research Opportunity: Cultivating Disaster Donors - Nov 7, 2011.
The challenge to researchers is: 1) develop analytical tools for identifying likely repeat donors amongst those who first contribute to a disaster and 2) determine which marketing strategies are most effective in transitioning these donors from disaster-based to long-term.
- Competition: Photo Quality Prediction - Nov 6, 2011.
Using anonymized photo albums, predict if a human evaluator would mark them as good.