- MINE: Maximal Information Nonparametric Exploration software using MIC - Dec 26, 2011.
The breakthrough method from Reshef brothers (described in a recent Science paper) improves upon Pearson correlation coefficient and introduces a new MIC criteria to find a wide range of non-linear association. The corresponding software is available in Java and R.
- New MINE software can find multiple nonlinear correlations in data - Dec 23, 2011.
The MINE tool developed by Broad Institure and Harvard can tackle large data sets in a way that no other software program can. It introduces a 21st century version of Pearson correlation coefficient: maximal information coefficient (MIC) can be used to determine nonlinear correlations in data sets equitably.
- Text Analytics Made Easy - Dec 21, 2011.
IBM white paper "Gaining full value from survey text" shows how to make text analysis easier, more efficient. Discover quick steps you can take to easily conduct text analysis using this automated linguistic-based approach to extract key concepts, sentiments and relationships from unstructred data.
- Subject: Provalis Research releases QDA Miner 4 - Dec 14, 2011.
easy-to-use qualitative analysis software tool for coding, annotating, retrieving and analyzing small and large collections of documents.
- Coron System: a symbolic data-mining platform - Dec 9, 2011.
Coron is a free data mining toolkit designed for itemset extraction and association rule generation; also provides support for preparing and filtering data, and for interpreting the extracted units of knowledge.
- Alpine Data: the first real data mining solution for the Big Data generation - Dec 3, 2011.
Alpine Miner is addressing the challenges of the scale and affordability of exploiting Big Data by bringing advanced analytics into the hands of business people, and not only statisticians.
- Ajay Ohri Review of Revolution R 5.0 - Dec 3, 2011.
academics and researchers can easily get their free copy; v 5.0 solves the R memory problem