- Microsoft plan for Hadoop and big data - Jan 28, 2012.
Hadoop is a central part of Microsoft data strategy. Eventually, Microsoft wants to create a purely open source Hadoop on Windows.
- Big Data Tools: HPCC vs Hadoop - Jan 27, 2012.
Four key factors that differentiate HPCC from Hadoop: HPCC Enterprise Control Language, Roxie Delivery Engine, Enterprise Ready, and Beyond MapReduce
- James Taylor First Look - Zementis Update - Jan 27, 2012.
Zementis has a vendor-neutral approach to modeling based on PMML, with four deployment options: ADAPA for RT decision making as a cloud, embedded or server deployment, and Universal in-DB PMML Plug-in. Zementis is also at the forefront of the one of the main debates about PMML.
- IBM rolls out new social analytics tools - Jan 23, 2012.
IBM social analytics tools will aggregate unstructured data and find signals to highlight everything from employee sentiment to market trends via unstructured data, SAP applications and Facebook posts.
- Dedoose 3.3 Launched! - Jan 14, 2012.
Dedoose facilitates the coding and analysis of qualitative data and their integration with demographic and other quantitative data. Dedoose is a SaaS applications in use by marketing, ethnographic, clinical trial, social policy, education, and other research professionals.