- How CrowdANALYTIX is redefining analytics with crowdsourcing - Jan 31, 2012.
Indian Startup CrowdANALYTIX has found a unique way to improve algorithms of analytic solutions by leveraging the power of the crowd. For Kaggle, crowdsourcing analytics is a business model. For CrowdAanalytix, crowdsourcing of analytics is a delivery model.
- Text analytics set to become a $1B market place - Jan 30, 2012.
Text analytics grew 25 per cent last year, creating a $1 Billion market. Text Analytics Summit (London, April 23-24) will focus on how to improve consumer insight to drive competitive advantage. Learn more.
- Clustify 3.0 Adds Integration with a Broad Range of Databases and e-Discovery Tools - Jan 26, 2012.
featuring the ability to analyze documents stored in virtually any database and export cluster information back into the database as additional columns that can be used by many review platforms and e-discovery tools.
- Amazon Launches Big Data Service - Jan 25, 2012.
DynamoDB cloud service, based on Amazon's own big data handling experience, offers NoSQL database capabilities and storage built for speed.
- IDC: Oracle, IBM, Microsoft Lead Business Analytics Market - Jan 23, 2012.
Oracle held the top spot during first half of 2011 with 20 percent global market share and 17.9 percent semiannual year-over-year growth. 14 vendors managed to surpass $100 million in global BA revenue during the first half of 2011
- Audiovox Car Connection is Powered by Agnik Analytics - Jan 23, 2012.
New Location Based Services Systems focus on protecting family and providing significant in-vehicle monitoring and management capability
- Enterprise Hadoop: Big data processing made easier - Jan 20, 2012.
Amazon, Cloudera, Hortonworks, IBM, and MapR mix simpler setup of Hadoop clusters with proprietary twists and trade-offs. Peter Wayner tests different Hadoop offerings and reports.
- Splunk Answers Business Demand For Big Data Analysis - Jan 19, 2012.
Real-time IT tool for tracking log files, clickstreams, and message queues finds a second (more valuable) use answering business questions.
- SAS Retail Analytics Applications - Jan 17, 2012.
If the shoe fits, you must be shopping at DSW - Shoe retailer reduces stock outs, increases customer loyalty using SAS® Size Optimization, and more SAS Retail Success stories
- Oracle Big Data Appliance - Jan 16, 2012.
New Engineered System and Oracle Big Data Connectors Help Unlock the Value of Enterprise Big Data. New system features 864 GB memory, 216 CPU cores, and 648 TB of disk storage.
- Digital Reasoning and TeraDact Partner to Automatically Remove Sensitive Information from Big Data - Jan 9, 2012.
In conjunction with Synthesys, TeraDactor can automatically assist in appropriately classifying information not recognized by the original data provider and allows participants to push and pull information without waiting for the declassification process
- IBM's new CEO sees gold in data mining - Jan 9, 2012.
If IBM's new CEO Virginia Rometty had just one word for you about the next big thing, it might sound a bit reminiscent of that famous scene from "The Graduate." Here one word: Analytics.
- 5 Big Data Startups to Watch in 2012 - Jan 2, 2012.
Why Cloudera, MapR, 10gen, and two others are worth watching in 2012