- Mu Sigma raises $108M to grow analytics, big data services - Dec 28, 2011.
Mu Sigma, the largest pure-play provider of analytics and decision support services closed $108 million investment round led by General Atlantic. Mu Sigma is already profitable, but will use the investment to accelerate its growth in the analytics services.
- SAS Analytics tie winter storms to spikes in hospitalizations - Dec 23, 2011.
UCF team wins Data Mining Shootout; predictive analytics can help health care providers prepare
- Orlando Magic sign SAS® Analytics to basketball operations - Dec 20, 2011.
Orlando Magic NBA team plan to introduce a digital ticketing system. Card data will help staff improve efficiency and customize Magic fans' experiences and create special offers for everyone from diehard basketball fans to those who attend games for the social experience.
- DataMontage Data Visualization Software v. 3 - Dec 19, 2011.
DataMontage is a Java class library and set of software applications that displays information-dense arrays of timelines and graphs; interactive displays help analysts review and interpret complex, time-oriented data quickly and consistently
- AAA selects KXEN InfiniteInsight(TM) Analytics Platform - Dec 17, 2011.
Company leverages predictive analytics to optimize marketing campaigns with nearly 70% of its 53 million members
- Microsoft, GE Tackle Healthcare Analytics, Data Aggregation - Dec 17, 2011.
the 50-50 joint venture will market an open-source technology platform and develop clinical applications with a focus on interoperability of health data and advanced analytics.
- European open data policy - Dec 15, 2011.
The best way to get value from data is to give it away
- IBM Analytics Solution to Extract Insight from Patents, IP - Dec 13, 2011.
new analytics software and services designed to help companies understand and more effectively use intellectual property, scientific literature and molecular data to advance their business.
- NineSigma seeking Big Data Collection and Analysis System - Dec 7, 2011.
NineSigma, representing a Fortune 100 Company, is seeking proposals for the development of an innovative system to collect and analyze big data gathered from consumer behaviors.
- Digital Reasoning Raises Venture Financing for Automated Understanding of Big Data - Dec 6, 2011.
The VC round had participation from In-Q-Tel and partners of Silver Lake. The investment will accelerate development and sales into new Financial Intelligence, Enterprise Risk Management and related markets.
- INFORMS Innovation in Analytics Award - call for applications - Dec 5, 2011.
the award recognizes creative and unique developments, applications or combinations of analytical techniques; promotes the awareness of the value of analytics techniques in unusual applications, or in creative combination to provide unique insights and/or business value. Submit a brief summary by January 31, 2012.
- DataSift Offers Social Data Analytics Service - Dec 5, 2011.
DataSift, a child of TweetMeme, adds Lexalytics sentiment analysis, Klout influence scores to social search business.
- HP Combines Autonomy and Vertica for Big Data - Dec 5, 2011.
New solution pairs the software from HP Autonomy and Vertica acquisitions to analyze and process Big Data.