- Kaggle Startup Program offers free competitions - Dec 22, 2012.
Data-driven startups with fewer than 30 employees can submit competition proposals describing their data problem and a sample of their data.
- CrowdAnalytix Ideation Challenge: Cracking the Code of Online Consumer - Dec 22, 2012.
This contest is for e-commerce lovers and here feature engineering will be a key focus. Your familiarity or experience with the retail industry will come in handy. This contest runs until Jan 18, 2013.
- CHEMDNER: Chemical compound and drug name recognition - Dec 17, 2012.
The goal is to promote the implementation of systems that are able to detect mentions in text of chemical compounds and drugs, which is crucial for subsequent text processing, such as detection of drug-protein interactions, and adverse effects of chemical compounds.
- PAN: Plagiarism detection, Author Id, Author Profiling competitions - Dec 11, 2012.
Three competitions: Given a document, is it an original? Given a document, who wrote it? Given a document, what's its author's age / gender?
- Skytree Contest: What is Your Big Data Problem? - Dec 7, 2012.
kytree Launches "What's Your (Big Data) Problem?" contest designed to push the envelope of Data Science with Machine Learning. The winner received a free Skytree Server valued at $100K. Five Runners up will receive free machine learning consulting.
- Innocentive: Change from Curative to Preventive Products - Dec 4, 2012.
Ideation contest to help promote word of mouth recommendations to help people move from on-demand products that address an existing problem to longer acting preventative products.
- GE Hospital Quest on Kaggle - Dec 3, 2012.
General Electric (GE) is sponsoring a big competition on Kaggle: Hospital Quest, to improve the patient experience.
- GE Flight Quest on Kaggle - Dec 3, 2012.
General Electric (GE) is sponsoring a big new competition on Kaggle: Flight Quest, to help make flying more efficient and more on time