- Top news for Dec 23-29: Most Influential Data Scientists; Gun analytics - Dec 30, 2012.
Most Influential Data Scientists on Twitter and Quora; Poll and Analysis: Gun ownership vs Gun deaths connection;
Top jobs: Data Scientist at SAS; Research Assistant at National U. Singapore
- Poll Results: Gun Ownership vs Gun Deaths Connection - Dec 27, 2012.
Most data miners believe that there is a connection between gun ownership and gun deaths, and outside the US most believe that the connection is strong.
- Most Influential Data Scientists on Twitter and Quora - Dec 23, 2012.
Twitter network analysis clusters data scientists and reveals most influential data scientists on Twitter. How does it compare to human ranking of data scientists on Quora?
- Top news for Dec 16-22: Gun ownership vs Gun violence connection? Data Scientist traits and characteristics - Dec 23, 2012.
New Poll: Gun ownership vs Gun violence connection? KDnuggets Exclusive: Talent Analytics on Data Scientist traits and characteristics; Big Data in Motion
Top jobs: Data Scientist - New Grad at Twitter; PhD Position/Research Assistant in Machine Learning at U. Konstanz, Germany;
- Opportunities in Biomedical Ventures - Equity Sharing - Dec 19, 2012.
Several opportunities in biomedical ventures led by Aviva Lev-Ari, PhD, RN: seeking PhDs, MDs, Experts, Authors, Writers, Editors.
- New Poll: Gun ownership vs Gun violence connection? - Dec 19, 2012.
The relation between gun ownership and gun violence is not a simple one, and is very political charged. But please set politics aside, put on your data scientist hat, and look at the data. What do you think is the connection? Please vote
- Top news for Dec 9-15: Cartoon: Preparing for the Big Data Flood; Top applications for Analytics/Data Mining - Dec 16, 2012.
Cartoon: Preparing for the Big Data Flood; Top applications for Analytics/Data Mining; Journeys to Data Mining Book
Top jobs: Data Scientist at WeddingWire; Sr. AI Analyst, AI Engineer, Stat. Engineer positions at Campanja;
- Top Analytics/Data Mining Stories in 2012 - Dec 14, 2012.
Top stories of 2012 touched on the popular software and languages for analytics/data mining, Key influencers in Big Data, KDD Cup, Cartoons which poked fun at the field, London Olympics, and even Stephen Colbert.
- Book: Journeys to Data Mining - Experiences from 15 Renowned Researchers - Dec 13, 2012.
The 15 contributors to book are among the leading data mining scientists and professionals. They wrote about their journeys, their motivation, the research milestones, notable successes and failures, advice for young researchers, and more. Also, an excerpt from Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro chapter.
- Odd and unexpected applications of Big Data? - Dec 12, 2012.
Do you have odd and unexpected applications of Big Data? Please comment or email
- Poll Results: Where did you apply Analytics/Data Mining? - Dec 11, 2012.
The top application area remains CRM/Consumer analytics, but the next 4 industries have changed order. Advertising has shown the biggest growth in analytics applications.
- Top news for Dec 2-8: How Deep Learning Keeps Winning; Cartoon: Preparing for the Big Data Flood - Dec 9, 2012.
How Deep Learning Keeps Winning Competitions; Cartoon: Preparing for the Big Data Flood; Try R code school for beginners
Top jobs: Data Mining Scientist at Apple; Faculty position in BI Management and Systems at KU Leuven
- Cartoon: Preparing for the Big Data Flood - Dec 7, 2012.
Enjoy the new Ted Goff cartoon which looks at preparations for the Big Data Flood.
- Taking misleading statistics to a new level - Dec 5, 2012.
Statisticians from one network have taken the art of political persuasion using misleading statistics to a new level and have come up with interesting new techniques.
- Top news for Nov 25 - Dec 1: Where did you apply Analytics / Data Mining in 2012? 2013: The International Year of Statistics - Dec 2, 2012.
New Poll: Where did you apply Analytics / Data Mining in 2012? The International Year of Statistics: 2013; Choosing the Right Machine Learning Methods
Top jobs: Sr. Scientist, Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining at Firmenich; Sr. SW Engineer, Big Data Mining at Mopals
- Top news, jobs in November: Nate Silver gets Gold; Best Python modules for data mining - Dec 1, 2012.
Nate Silver gets Gold on correct predictions of US Elections; Best Python modules for data mining; 2013 - the international year of Statistics
Top jobs: Postdoc, Bayesian Inference/Machine Learning at OSU, OH and Boston; Data Scientist at Datascope Analytics
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in November - Dec 1, 2012.
Big Data Landcape, Directing, and other new companies, education programs, meetings, data mining software, solutions, blogs