Features (5) |
Courses, Events (1) |
Software (1) |
Jobs (4) |
Competitions (1) |
Meetings (1) |
Publications (3) |
NewsBriefs (4) |
CFP (6) |
- New Poll: What Languages you used for data mining - Aug 2, 2011.
Please vote on www.kdnuggets.com or here
- Predictive Analytics World Government, Sep 12-13, Wash. DC - Aug 1, 2011.
Congressman Darrell Issa, R-CA, Chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform has joined the powerful line-up of keynotes and featured speakers at Predictive Analytics World for Government with his keynote: "Fighting Waste, Fraud and Abuse with DATA"
- Top news, jobs in July - Aug 1, 2011.
Obama Builds Data Team; Book: Data Mining: Concepts, Models, Techniques;
Top jobs: Predictive Modeling, Data Mining at Obama 2012 Campaign; Director of Analytics Solutions at Predixion Software, TeleCommute.
- Additions to KDnuggets in July - Aug 1, 2011.
New companies, education, meetings, publications, software
- Top news for Jul 24-30 - Jul 31, 2011.
Obama Builds Data Team; Poll: Text analytics use grows steadily;
Top jobs: Predictive Modeling and Data Mining Scientists at Obama 2012 Campaign; Microsoft Data Mining/Stats/Analytics hiring at KDD-2011
- Research/Machine Learning Engineer at Fwix, San Francisco, CA - Jul 28, 2011.
Fwix organizes the web by location - developing geotagging technology to automatically identify physical locations referenced in online content.
- Data Mining Scientist at TidalTV, Baltimore, MD - Jul 28, 2011.
support data mining efforts as a member of the Research and Development team. Our mission is to provide our clients with the ability to target their advertisements to exactly the right person.
- Statistical Data Analyst at Semcasting, Andover, MA - Jul 27, 2011.
seeking hands-on applied statistical analysts with strong SAS programming, campaign mgmt, good communication skills; Web 2.0 technologies a plus.
- Analytical Modeling Staff Scientist at SAS, San Diego, CA - Jul 27, 2011.
analyze customer data and build high-end analytical models for solving high-value business problems, such as credit card fraud, credit risk, network security, tax fraud detection, and revenue and collections optimization.
- Analytics 2011: Blazing new frontiers for innovation - Jul 28, 2011.
explore the latest trends and techniques in data mining, text analytics, forecasting, optimization, visualization and predictive modeling at The SAS Analytics 2011 Conference, October 24-25, Orlando.
CFP - Calls for Papers
"The question is, what is noise and what is real?" said Dr. Steven Goodman, a biostatistician at Johns Hopkins University. In these studies, he added, "you are guaranteed to find things," and almost always what is found is nonsense.
New York Times, July 19, 2011