- New Poll: Where did you apply Analytics / Data Mining in 2012? - Nov 26, 2012.
The top 5 industries with most analytics / data mining applications in 2011 were CRM, Banking, Health care/HR, Education, and Fraud detection.
- Top news for Nov 18-24: Best Python modules for data mining; SAP Visual Intelligence Ultimate Challenge - Nov 25, 2012.
Best Python modules for data mining; Top news for Nov 11-17; Responsibility for Predictions; Understanding PCA
Top jobs: Manager Data Mining, RnD, StubHub; Data Scientist at Datascope Analytics
- Top news for Nov 11-17: Best Python modules for data mining; Responsibility for Predictions - Nov 18, 2012.
Best Python modules for data mining; Nate Silver gets Gold on correct election predictions;
Top jobs: Postdoc, Bayesian Inference/ML at Ohio State; Imaging Scientist at Aware
- Poll Results: Responsibility for Predictions - Nov 13, 2012.
KDnuggets readers are almost equally split, with 45% voting that there is no responsibility for predictions, and an almost equal number saying that there should be some responsibility. Asian and East European data miners had the highest vote for responsibility, and Latin American ones - the lowest. What do you think?
- Top news for Nov 4-10: Nate Silver gets Gold on election predictions; Switching Detection Challenge - Nov 11, 2012.
Nate Silver gets Gold on correct election predictions; Data crunchers who helped Obama win; Yandex Switching Detection Challenge;
Top jobs: Data Scientist at Salesforce; Postdoc, Bayesian Inference/ML at Ohio State U
- Nate Silver gets Gold on correct predictions of US 2012 Elections - Nov 7, 2012.
The contest between pundits who criticized Nate Silver (and other statisticians) has been won decisively by the statisticians.
- Top news for Oct 28 - Nov 3: Responsibility for predictions? Strata NYC Slides/Video; GMDH Shell - Nov 4, 2012.
Data Scientists / Data Miners responsible for their predictions? Data Mining Cartoon; Strata NYC Slides/Video; GMDH Shell
Top jobs: Data Mining Engineer at Groupon; Sr Business Data Analyst at Jack in the Box
- Top news, jobs in October: Data Mining Cartoon; Predicting Obama vs Romney; StatSoft free software to struggling EU countries - Nov 1, 2012.
Data Mining Cartoon: Twitter, Facebook, and Prediction; New Poll: Predicting Obama vs Romney; StatSoft offers free software to struggling European Countries
Top jobs: Data Scientist at Kyruus; Associate Predictive Modeler at Allstate;
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in October - Nov 1, 2012.
New companies, datasets, education, meetings, publications, software, solutions