Societies and Groups for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, and Knowledge Discovery
SIGKDD, ACM Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery in Data and Data Mining is the leading professional society for Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining, and Data Science
See other relevant societies below.
- AAi: Advanced Analytics Institute, University of Technology, Sydney, the leading group in data analytics in Australia.
- American Statistical Association.
- DMG, an independent, vendor led group which develops data mining standards, such as the Predictive Model Markup Language (PMML).
- Data Mining Section of INFORMS, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences.
- ICDM, IEEE International Conference on Data Mining page.
- IMLS, The International Machine Learning Society, coordinates annual International Machine Learning Conferences.
- International Institute for Analytics, dedicated to the advancement of analytics in everyday business practices.
- IIBA, International Institute for Business Analysis, an independent non-profit professional association.
- KDNet -- European Knowledge Discovery Network of Excellence
- National Center for Data Mining (NCDM) at the University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC).
- SF Bay ACM Data Mining SIG, organizing meetings, talks, and providing networking opportunities for people interested in knowledge discovery, data mining and data engineering.
- SIGKDD, ACM Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery in Data and Data Mining, the leading professional society in the field, with annual KDD Conference, Explorations magazine, and other activities.
- SIGMOD, ACM Special Interest Group on Management of Data.
- Web Analytics Association (WAA), promotes Web analytics education, advocacy, research, standards and communication.