Data Mining / Analytic Competitions News, Mar 2013
Features (15) | Software (14) | Courses, Events (19) | Jobs | Academic | Competitions (7) | Publications (42) | News Briefs (12) Lumina: Determine the Read more »
- Lumina: Determine the Complete Economic Impact of Post-Secondary Education - Mar 28, 2013.
Propose novel and unexpected correlations between post-secondary education attainment and outcomes with a clear economic impact, such as, but not only, increased income. Deadline Apr 25, 2013.
- GE NFL Head Health Challenge - Mar 17, 2013.
GE and NFL will award up to $10 million for improved technologies and methods that enable more accurate diagnoses of mild brain injury and prognosis for recovery following acute and/or repetitive injuries.
- ICDAR2013: Gender Prediction from Handwriting - Mar 16, 2013.
A non-typical Kaggle competition looks at the prediction of gender from handwriting. Closing date is Apr 15.
- CLEF-ER 2013: Named Entity Recognition - Mar 14, 2013.
Produce annotations in a multilingual document where there are explicit references to entities, specified through a Concept Unique Identifier.
- DMC: Data Mining Cup 2013 - Registration Starts - Mar 6, 2013.
Each year national and international educational institutions from over 20 countries take part in the DATA-MINING-CUP (DMC) - a team competition. Registration starts Mar 4, task details will be published Apr 3.
- ECML PKDD Discovery Challenge - Recommend Baby Names - Mar 6, 2013.
Can you recommend Baby Names? The 15th Discovery Challenge of the European Conf. on Machine Learning and Principles and Practice of Knowledge Discovery in Databases (ECML PKDD 2013).
- BioASQ challenge large-scale biomedical semantic indexing and question answering - Mar 1, 2013.
This challenge looks for a solution to the information access problem of biomedical experts and will evaluate the ability of systems in biomedical QA process.