- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 19-23: Machine Learning cheat sheet; NYTimes BIG DATA 2013 special section - Jun 24, 2013.
Machine Learning cheat sheet - 1 page summary of key ideas; NYTimes BIG DATA 2013 special section; Training a Whole Generation of Data Scientists; How Data Scientist & Bitly Chief Scientist @hmason uses #BigData
- Wikibon: Industrial Internet and Big Data Analytics - Jun 24, 2013.
Data associated with the Industrial Internet - created by machines - holds more potential business value on a size-adjusted basis than other types of Big Data associated with the social Web, consumer Internet and other sources.
- Teradata ebook: Big Data Marketing Hero - Jun 21, 2013.
Teradata new ebook, freely available, gives guidelines on how to integrate information from all marketing channels, connect with customers in relevant ways, and help internal stakeholders understand the threats of divided data.
- Process Mining Movie - Jun 20, 2013.
A short movie explains what process mining is and how it works. Over the last decade, process mining emerged as a new scientific discipline that provides the missing link between process-oriented (BPM, WFM, etc.) and data-oriented (BI, DM, ML, KDD) approaches.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 17-18: LIONBook: free online book on Machine Learning; Amazon Data Scientists - Jun 19, 2013.
LIONBook: free online book on Machine Learning and Intelligent Optimization; Amazon Data Scientists, one of the most exciting machine learning job opportunities today; 4.4 Million #BigData Jobs expected in 2015; Data Mining screws Somali pirates
- KDnuggets 13:n15, Reaction to PRISM: Outrage and Shrug; Exclusive: Dan Steinberg; Import.io - Jun 19, 2013.
Reaction to NSA Prism: Outrage and Shrug; Exclusive interview with a data mining pioneer Dan Steinberg, and more analytics/data mining news, including Features (8) | Software (5) | Webcasts (3) | Courses, Events (3) | Meetings (1) | Jobs (8) | Academic (2) | Competitions (3) | Publications (4) | Tweets (6) | NewsBriefs (6) | CFP (11)
- LIONBook: free online book on Machine Learning and Intelligent Optimization - Jun 18, 2013.
This book, from the developers of LionSolver, will be freely available on the web, chapter by chapter. Learning and Intelligent Optimization (LION) is the combination of learning from data and optimization applied to solve complex and dynamic problems.
- Big Data Journal: Broad Data, Apache Drill, and more Fast Track Articles - Jun 17, 2013.
Big Data is the first peer-reviewed journal to address challenges and opportunities in making substantial amounts of information work to benefit society, industry, academia, and government. Check these new articles on Fast Track.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 14-16: NSA Announces Free Data Storage and Backup Service :); Top 100 R packages for 2013 - Jun 17, 2013.
NSA Announces Free Data Storage and Backup Service for Americans; Top 100 R packages for 2013, their family trees; Most popular R packages Ex-Facebook employees launch data visualization startup Polychart
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 12-13: Practical Data Science with R ebook; Rmagic interface bridging Python and R - Jun 14, 2013.
Practical Data Science with R ebook, from basic principles to real cases; Rmagic, a handy interface bridging Python and R - ipython extension; Deep Learning comes of age - an overview of the Machine Learning breakthrough; Baidu catches up to Google with new Visual search powered by deep learning
- The Risks of Using Spreadsheets for Statistical Analysis - Jun 13, 2013.
Are spreadsheets more hindrance than help in data analysis? Download "The Risks of Using Spreadsheets for Statistical Analysis" white paper and discover how predictive analytics can produce faster, more accurate results.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 10-11: Tutorial on Deep Learning, a key breakthrough in ML; Random Forests in Python - Jun 12, 2013.
Tutorial on Deep Learning, a key breakthrough in Machine Learning; Random Forests in Python; Walmart Labs buys Inkiru, a Data Analytics, Predictive Intelligence Startup; Great for learning! Oracle BigDataLite Virtual Machine
- Lavastorm and Forrester: Build an Agile BI Organization - Jun 11, 2013.
Learn how to Build an Agile BI Organization with this report from Forrester Research, brought to you by Lavastorm, and see 3 key points about Agile BI.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, June 7-9: Statisticians are the modern explorers; Import.io, an easy and visual way to import data from the web - Jun 10, 2013.
Statisticians are the modern explorers, says Prof. David J. Hand; Import.io gives you an easy and visual way to download and import web dat; Simple Decision Tree is an open-source Excel Add-in; The Right Skillset for #BigData Jobs - top terms in job ads
- Who dominates analytics job market? - Jun 10, 2013.
Peter Bruce reexamines who dominates analytics job market and comes up with a different answer. His analysis shows 1.92 SAS jobs for every R job, but SQL and Java are the skills most in demand.
- Security Informatics most viewed articles - open access - Jun 10, 2013.
Knowledge encapsulation framework for technosocial predictive modeling, Predicting sentencing outcomes, Detecting unknown malicious code, and more open access articles from Security informatics.
- CRCPress: New Books on Business Analytics, Graph Mining, Data Science - Jun 7, 2013.
Latest books from CRC Press on important and relevant topics - Business Analytics, Intelligent Data Analysis, Graph Mining with R, and Data-Intensive Science. Special discount for KDnuggets readers.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, June 5-6: Very fast sampling algorithms for Big Data; Do You Have What It Takes To be a Data scientist? - Jun 7, 2013.
Very fast sampling algorithms for Big Data; Jigsaw Academy 10 question test: Do You Have What It Takes To Be a Data Scientist? The CIA In-Q-Tel arm invests in Narrative Science for its AI, analytics technology; NSA gets ALL Verizon call logs (who calls whom), but NO content.
- Very Fast Sampling Algorithms for Big Data - Jun 5, 2013.
New sampling, bootstrap, and permutation test algorithms which are orders of magnitude faster than built-in SAS Procs, Stata, and MATLAB.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, June 3-4: 2 Great Machine Learning ideas combined; Upcoming Meetings, Conferences on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining - Jun 5, 2013.
2 great machine learning ideas combined! Deep Learning can be improved using SVM ; Upcoming Meetings, Conferences on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and KDD; Twitter analysis quantifies Geek vs Nerd; Upcoming Webinars and Courses on Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science
- KDnuggets 13:n14, RapidMiner, R vie for 1st; Only 14% use Big Data tools; Stock Sentiment - Jun 5, 2013.
RapidMiner, R vie for 1st in KDnuggets annual analytics/data mining poll; Also Features (7) | Software (5) | Webcasts (2) | Courses, Events (2) | Meetings (2) | Jobs (10) | Academic (4) | Competitions (2) | Publications (3) | Top Tweets (6) | News Briefs (1) | CFP (8)
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 31 - Jun 2: Upcoming Meetings, Conferences on Analytics, Big Data; 7 #BigData Trends that will impact your business - Jun 3, 2013.
Upcoming Meetings, Conferences on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining; 7 #BigData Trends that will impact your business: 1. SQL on Hadoop; Upcoming Webinars and Courses on Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; Data Scientist at Facebook
- Wikibon Real World of Big Data Infographic - Jun 2, 2013.
This visually appealing infographic focuses on Big Data in the enterprise, covering the revenue breakdown, main growth drivers, who are the big spenders, Big Data Investment sectors, and Big Data in Motion.