Data Mining / Analytic Courses, Events News, Jul 2013
Features (18) | Software (9) | Courses, Events (25) | Jobs | Academic | Competitions (3) | Publications (32) | News Briefs (5) Supercomputer Data Mining Read more »
- Supercomputer Data Mining Boot Camps, San Diego, Sep 12-13, Oct 17-18 - Jul 30, 2013.
The Power to Predict: The Sexiest Job in the 21st Century. Register for UCSD Data Mining Boot Camps scheduled to be held at the San Diego Supercomputer Center on Sep 12-13 and Oct 17-18.
- Webinar (Aug 6), Text Analytics Case Studies from LinkedIn, BoA, and Serendio - Jul 30, 2013.
LinkedIn, Bank of America and Serendio will share case studies on how they use insights from text analytics to save time and money and build competitive strategies - join us on Aug 6.
- Data Marketing 2013, Toronto, Dec 9-10 - Jul 28, 2013.
Technology and data enable marketers to deliver communications that are much more relevant through effective micro-segmentation, sentiment analysis, behavior prediction and personalization. DATA MARKETING 2013 will address these challenges with a unique approach.
- Elder Research Course: Tools for Discovering Patterns in Data, Sep 9-10, Charlottesville, VA - Jul 27, 2013.
Drawing on 20 years of experience, Dr. John Elder will explain powerful analytic methods for classification and estimation, compare the leading algorithms, and demonstrate their effectiveness on practical applications. Attendees will receive the award-winning Handbook of Statistical Analysis and Data Mining Applications, and fully functional (limited time) data mining software from SAS, IBM/SPSS, and StatSoft.
- IBM CXO Chat July 29: Segmentation and Big Data with Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro - Jul 25, 2013.
Join July 29 twitterchat with Analytics and Data Science expert Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro, Ph.D, as we discuss "Solving for Segmentation: Is Big Data X ?"
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Jul 25, 2013.
Learn from distinguished faculty and industry experts, build statistical and analytic expertise, and prepare for leadership-level career opportunities - build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field.
- Applied Predictive Analytics Training with Statistics.com - Jul 19, 2013.
Learn inside tricks and methods in a new online training course developed by CrowdAnalytix (a Kaggle competitor), in partnership with Statistics.com, the leading provider of online education in statistics and analytics.
- INSOFE: Master Big Data Analytics Online - Jul 18, 2013.
Taught by experts who are Carnegie Mellon, JHU, and Stanford alumni, INSOFE programs helped many to become data scientists and get industry certifications and at lower cost than similar programs.
- Machine Learning Online Roundtable: How to Make it Work, July 25 - Jul 18, 2013.
In this roundtable moderated by Ismail Parsa of Amazon, experts from Twitter, Skytree, Uber, and Adconion will discuss how to apply machine learning to practical problems in real organizations. Live on July 25 or on-demand afterwards.
- Upcoming July Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science - Jul 16, 2013.
Coming soon: Discovery analytics, Analytically Speaking, Survival Analysis, Data Discovery, Enterprise Informatics, When Hadoop Is Not Enough, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and SciDB-Py.
- SAS Analytics 2013 conference, Oct 21-22, Orlando, Early bird till Aug 2 - Jul 16, 2013.
The Analytics 2013 conference (Oct 21-22, Orlando) will bring together over 1,000 analytics practitioners to learn the latest trends, technology and research. Big savings with an early bird rate until Aug 2.
- UDelaware Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data - Jul 16, 2013.
Teaches the computational, analytical and communication tools and skills needed to discover, present, and implement data-based solutions.
- Angoss Video Series: Customer Analytics Roadmap - Jul 16, 2013.
Watch this 4-part best practices video series, focusing on Customer Segmentation, Customer Acquisition, Upsell/Cross Sell, and Next Product Recommendation and transform your big data for marketing and customer intelligence.
- 7 reasons not to miss Predictive Analytics World Boston, Sep 29 - Oct 3 - Jul 15, 2013.
Witness case studies from leading organizations; gain inspiration from keynotes by luminaries; Increase your knowledge with in-depth workshops, learn where predictive analytics is heading, and more.
- Big Data Innovation Summit, Sep 12-13, Boston - Jul 11, 2013.
The Big Data Innovation Summit in Boston provides the ideal platform to discuss challenges with your peers - keeping you ahead of the curve. Get early bird passes by July 12.
- HOW-TO Big Data TechCon, San Francisco, Oct 15-17 - Jul 9, 2013.
Big Data How-to Conference: Attend Big Data TechCon, Oct 15-17 in San Francisco, and learn how to analyze, index, search and summarize your big data. See for special discount below - early bird rates until Aug 2.
- Data Science and Big Data Analytics - Free Course Module - Jul 9, 2013.
Data Science and Big Data Analytics for Business Transformation Course (90+ minute self-paced module), now available free. It is ideal for business leaders who plan to develop new Data Science capabilities. Check also other courses for Data Science Team Managers and for Hands-on Data Science Practitioners.
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [July 18] - Jul 8, 2013.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is July 18.
- TMA Courses in Data Analytics [Aug: San Jose, Sep: Washington, DC] - Jul 8, 2013.
Get up to speed in data mining faster and more effectively than with any other training program available. Next courses in San Jose, CA and Washington, DC.
- 2013 IEEE Big Data Workshop Papers and Posters - Jul 8, 2013.
The IEEE Int. Conference on Big Data 2013 is a major forum for the latest in Big Data Research, Development, and Applications. Submit poster and papers to 19 workshops (deadlines in late July/early August). Poster submissions due Aug 25.
- KDD 2013 Industry Practice Expo - Jul 3, 2013.
Meet the industry leaders at KDD-2013 Industry Practice Expo, and learn about Kaggle, Hadoop from the trenches, Decide.com - to buy or not to buy, Analytics from Presidential Elections to Social Good, and using Big Data to solve small data problems.
- Upcoming Meetings on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Knowledge Discovery, Jul-Sep - Jul 2, 2013.
30 upcoming Meetings and Conferences on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Knowledge Discovery, July - September 2013.
- PAWGOV: Predictive Analytics World for Government - Jul 2, 2013.
Unlike any other government conference, PAW-GOV is designed to help Federal, State and Local government leaders, analysts, and program managers to understand how they can apply predictive analytics more effectively and efficiently accomplish their mission.
- DMCS 2013: Data Mining Case Studies and Data Mining Practice Prize CFP - Jul 2, 2013.
DMCS will highlight data mining implementations that have been responsible for a significant and measurable improvement in business operations, or an equally important scientific discovery, or another benefit to humanity. Submissions due July 27.
- KXEN Location Analytics, Location-Aware Marketing Webinar (on-demand) - Jul 1, 2013.
Location-aware data is exploding, and you should use it to personalize customer relationships. Join KXEN to learn how you can use location-aware data to zoom in on each and every customer interaction.