Data Mining / Analytic News Briefs, Jul 2013
Features (15) | Software (8) | Courses, Events (22) | Jobs | Academic | Competitions (3) | Publications (25) | News Briefs (5) Notre Dame CARE: Read more »
- Notre Dame CARE: Collaborative Assessment Recommendation Engine personalized disease risk predictions - Jul 27, 2013.
U. of Notre Dame researchers have developed a computer-aided method that uses electronic medical records to offer the promise of rapid advances toward personalized health care, disease management and wellness.
- Clustify 3.2 Adds Graphical Visualization of Document Clusters - Jul 23, 2013.
Clustify software does conceptual clustering, near-duplicate detection, content-based email threading, and automatic categorization / predictive coding.
- US has one third of world data - Jul 20, 2013.
The US stores 898 exabytes (898 billion gigabytes) of data, nearly a third of the global total. Western Europe has 19% and China has 13%.
- Anderson Analytics OdinText Patent for Powerful New Text Analytics Process - Jul 17, 2013.
US Patent 8,473,498 leverages contextual data and provides a process for filtering out the noise which is so common in unstructured data. Both of these important benefits have been deficient in text analytics software until now.
- IDC Report: SAS Remains Top Advanced Analytics Provider - Jul 8, 2013.
The IDC research showed analytics leader SAS with a 36.2% share of the 2012 global market, up from 35.3% in 2011. The IDC report profiled Oracle, SAP, IBM, Microsoft, SAS, and Teradata.