Data Mining, Data Science, and Analytics
Courses and Events – Oct 2013
All (109) | News, Software (30) | Courses, Events (28) | Jobs | Academic | Publications (32) The Future of Statistics Unconference - Oct 31, Read more »
- The Future of Statistics Unconference - Oct 31, 2013.
Watch a very interesting discussion of top statisticians and data scientists on the future of statistics. How can we optimize software for both cognitive and computational challenges?
- Webinar: Data Mining: Failure to Launch [Nov 19] - Oct 29, 2013.
Learn how to get started with predictive modeling and overcome strategic and tactical limitations that cause data mining projects to fall short of their potential. Next webinar is Nov 19.
- TMA Courses in Data Analytics [Mar: Orlando; Apr: LA] - Oct 29, 2013.
Get up to speed in data mining faster and more effectively than with any other training program available. Next courses in Orlando and LA.
- Upcoming November Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Oct 29, 2013.
Upping Your Analytic IQ, CAP Certification, The New World of Data Visualization, The Economics of SQL on Hadoop, Analytically Speaking, SPSS Modeler Courses, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and more.
- Net Lift Models: Optimizing Your Marketing Efforts - Oct 29, 2013.
Go beyond typical targeting. The true effectiveness of a marketing campaign is not the response rate: it is the incremental impact.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World San Francisco, Mar 16-20 2014 - highlights and workshops - Oct 29, 2013.
Predictive Analytics World is the leader in educating and supporting the greater analytics industry. The upcoming San Francisco event (Mar 16-20) will feature killer keynotes, conference sessions and networking, and 6 great workshops. Special KDnuggets discount
- Boston Data Festival, Nov 4-10 - Oct 28, 2013.
Boston first-ever Data Festival brings together the meetup community, entrepreneurs, VCs and others to highlight our data-centric scene.
- Future of Statistics Unconference, online, Oct 30 - Oct 28, 2013.
The data revolution requires an equal revolution in statistical methods, software, education, and collaborations with natural sciences, social sciences, and industry. Listen to some of the brightest minds, including Hilary Mason, Hadley Wickham, and Sinan Aral.
- WCAI Research Opportunity: Predicting Life Changes from Financial Activity - Oct 25, 2013.
Predict major life events based on a unique anonymized dataset from a major financial services company that allows for an unprecedented view into customer-company interaction. More in a webinar on Nov 22.
- 7th Sentiment Symposium to feature Human Analytics Solutions, Big Data Emotion, Connection, Intent - Oct 21, 2013.
The 7th Sentiment Analysis Symposium, March 5-6, 2014 in New York City, will feature presentations, panels, and workshops covering Digital Measurement, Intelligent Customer Experience, Sentiment Analysis, and Speech and Text Analytics. Call for speakers until Oct 28.
- IEEE BigData 2013: Big Data challenges and potential solutions - Oct 21, 2013.
A report from inaugural IEEE Big Data conference highlights, including Berkeley Data Analytics Stack, Crowdsourcing for Data Analytics, Security for Big Data and more.
- TESC online MBA in Data Analytics - Oct 19, 2013.
Online MBA in Data Analytics from Thomas Edison State College prepares students to thrive in the dynamic and rapidly expanding field of Big Data.
- Wharton: Bring Customer Lifetime Value to Life: February, San Francisco - Oct 17, 2013.
Let by top faculty, this 2-day workshop will teach you the critical process of evaluating and forecasting the activities of your customer base.
- U. of Chicago MSc in Analytics for working professionals - Oct 15, 2013.
This part-time MSc program designed for working professionals will give students thorough knowledge of analytics techniques, and the ability to apply them to real-world and business scenarios. Apply by Nov 13 for Winter 2014 start.
- Quebit: Better Decisions with Predictive Modeling: Nov 20 Webinar - Oct 15, 2013.
Learn advanced data mining techniques with QueBIT SPSS Modeler Seminar Series, starting with a free webinar on Nov 20.
- Applied Data Science - Free Online Course from Syracuse - Oct 14, 2013.
This course introduces Data Science content in self-guided learning format - work your way through the course at your own pace. This course is free and a select number of participants will be invited to try it on October 28.
- Webcast: Data Science: Not Just for Big Data, Oct 16 - Oct 12, 2013.
Join Data Science experts David Smith (Revolution Analytics) and Gregory Piatetsky (KDnuggets) for an open-panel discussion hosted by Kalido, focusing on Data Science principles for any data size.
- Predictive Analytics World, San Francisco, March 2014 - Oct 10, 2013.
Predictive Analytics World features sessions with beginner tracks to advanced tracks. There is something there for everyone - register today and save with KDnuggets discount code.
- Text Analytics West, Dec 3-4, 2013, San Francisco - Oct 10, 2013.
Join the best corporate analytics practitioners from companies like Bank of America, LinkedIn, and Express Scripts at the Text Analytics Summit West, Dec 3-4 in San Francisco - see details and get KDnuggets discount.
- FICO Webinar: Solve Your Optimization Problems Like the Pros, Oct 22 - Oct 9, 2013.
FICO shares best practices in building and deploying optimization solutions using case study examples from some of the world's leading organizations.
- Northwestern Online MS in Predictive Analytics - Oct 8, 2013.
Build in-demand skills for the growing analytics field, prepare for leadership-level career opportunities, learn from distinguished faculty and industry experts. Winter quarter application deadline: Oct 15.
- Webcast, a Primer on Predictive Analytics for Business, Oct 8 - Oct 7, 2013.
Watch a Primer on Predictive Analytics for Business webinar (Oct 8) and learn how affordable CUNY Online MS in Data Analytics can help you excel in data science.
- Seeking experts, instructors for Online Data Analytics Program - Oct 6, 2013.
Davenport University seeks subject matter experts and instructors for the Online Data Analytics Program. Instructors should be familiar with WEKA and willing to teach Online.
- Q4 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Oct 3, 2013.
Many interesting upcoming meetings in Q4 2013, including Discovery Science, IEEE Big Data, ACM Mining Big Data Camp, Big Data Techcon, SAS Analytics 2013, PAW London, Strata + Hadoop World NYC, AusDM, Big Data Festival, Text Analytics Summit West, ICDM 2013, Toronto Data Marketing Conference, and many more.
- Q4 2013 Courses on Predictive Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Oct 2, 2013.
Many great courses, including Text Analytics and Sentiment Mining, Data Mining: Principles and Best Practices, Supercomputer Data Mining Boot Camp, Survival Analysis, Net lift (Uplift) models, Machine Learning, and Predictive Analytics and Data Mining Model Development and Strategic Implementation.
- Upcoming October Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Oct 2, 2013.
Check A Primer on Predictive Analytics for Business, Data Discovery Platforms, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, and Data Science: Not Just for Big Data - with Gregory Piatetsky and David Smith
- KDD 2013 videolectures: watch the top researchers in Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery - Oct 1, 2013.
A treasure of latest Data Mining and Data Science research is now available, with videolectures of KDD-2013, ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining held recently in Chicago.
- U. Chicago MS in Analytics - Information Sessions, Oct 9 and 16. - Oct 1, 2013.
U. of Chicago Graham School Master of Science in Analytics - join us for an Information Session, Oct 9 online, Oct 16 at Gleacher Center.