2015 Nov Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos
All (99) | Courses, Education (8) | Meetings (8) | News, Features (13) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (30) | Publications (10) | Software (7) | Top Tweets (5) | Tutorials, Overviews, How-Tos (15) | Webcasts (3)
- Deep Learning for Visual Question Answering - Nov 19, 2015.
Here we discuss about the Visual Question Answering problem, and I’ll also present neural network based approaches for same.
- 7 Steps to Mastering Machine Learning With Python - Nov 19, 2015.
There are many Python machine learning resources freely available online. Where to begin? How to proceed? Go from zero to Python machine learning hero in 7 steps!
- Recurrent Neural Net describes images like Taylor Swift or Romantic Novel - Nov 14, 2015.
Deep learning has recently, and famously, taken on painting by imitating artists. We now find recurrent neural networks writing stories corresponding to images, in the style of romance novels or Taylor Swift lyrics.
- Getting started with Python and Apache Flink - Nov 13, 2015.
Apache Flink built on top of the distributed streaming dataflow architecture, which helps to crunch massive velocity and volume data sets. With version 1.0 it provided python API, learn how to write a simple Flink application in python.
- A Statistical View of Deep Learning - Nov 13, 2015.
A statistical overview of deep learning, with a focus on testing wide-held beliefs, highlighting statistical connections, and the unseen implications of deep learning. The post links to 6 articles covering a number of related topics.
- Understanding Convolutional Neural Networks for NLP - Nov 11, 2015.
Dive into the world of Convolution Neural Networks (CNN), learn how they work, how to apply them for NLP, and how to tune CNN hyperparameters for best performance.
- Introduction to Spark with Python - Nov 11, 2015.
Get a handle on using Python with Spark with this hands-on data processing tutorial.
- Fast Big Data: Apache Flink vs Apache Spark for Streaming Data - Nov 10, 2015.
Real-time stream processing has been gaining momentum in recent past, and major tools which are enabling it are Apache Spark and Apache Flink. Learn with the help of a case study about Data processing, Data Flow, Data management using these tools.
- Data Science of IoT: Sensor fusion and Kalman filters, Part 2 - Nov 9, 2015.
The second part of this tutorial examines use of Kalman filters to determine context for IoT systems, which helps to combine uncertain measurements in a multi-sensor system to accurately and dynamically understand the physical world.
- A Simpler Explanation of Differential Privacy - Nov 6, 2015.
Privacy concerns in data mining have been raised from time to time, could differential privacy be a solution? Differential privacy was devised to facilitate secure analysis over sensitive data, learn how it can be used to improve the model fitting process.
- Beginners Guide: Apache Spark Machine Learning with Large Data - Nov 5, 2015.
This informative tutorial walks us through using Spark's machine learning capabilities and Scala to train a logistic regression classifier on a larger-than-memory dataset.
- The Beautiful Duality of Topological Data Analysis - Nov 4, 2015.
Topological Data analysis is special, because its methods are both general and precise. Teams that use TDA in their work see the “art of the possible” more broadly and can attack problems that might otherwise be “too hard” using traditional techniques.
- Overview of Python Visualization Tools - Nov 3, 2015.
An overview and comparison of the leading data visualization packages and tools for Python, including Pandas, Seaborn, ggplot, Bokeh, pygal, and Plotly.
- Tutorial: Building a Twitter Sentiment Analysis Process - Nov 3, 2015.
Tutorial on collecting and analyzing tweets using the “Text Analysis by AYLIEN” extension for RapidMiner.
- Data Mining for Predictive Social Network Analysis – Brazil Elections Case Study - Nov 2, 2015.
Here are the techniques used for a proof-of-concept that effectively analyzed Twitter Trend Topics to predict regional voting patterns in the 2014 Brazilian presidential election.