2016 Feb News, Features
All (114) | Courses, Education (9) | Meetings (14) | News, Features (16) | Opinions, Interviews, Reports (31) | Publications (3) | Software (14) | Top Tweets (5) | Tutorials, Overviews (15) | Webcasts (7)
- Top stories for Feb 21-27: 21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Q&A, part 2; Data Science vs Disease
- Feb 28, 2016.
21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers, parts 1 and 2; Top 10 TED Talks for the Data Scientists; How Data Science is Fighting Disease; Top Data Visualization Projects on Github.
- $5 Million for Helping Humanity through Artificial Intelligence
- Feb 26, 2016.
IBM Watson A.I. XPRIZE contest will reward $5 million in prize money to the best applications of AI in solving world’s greatest challenges.
- What Dog Breed is That? Let AI “fetch” it for you!
- Feb 25, 2016.
Recently released AI app identifies dog breed information from pictures and mixes some fun too.
- Around the World in 60 Days: Getting Deep Speech to Work in Mandarin
- Feb 24, 2016.
Baidu continues to make impressive gains with deep learning. Their latest achievement centers on Mandarin speech recognition, which you can read about here from the researchers involved in the project.
- Data Science Highlights of Stack Overflow Survey: Machine Learning Has Highest Job Satisfaction
- Feb 23, 2016.
The 2015 Stack Overflow Developer Survey gathered data from more than 26,000 respondents. Full stack developers, mobile developers, front end developers... and even data scientists and machine learning developers participated. Check out these 3 interesting insights.
- Top stories for Feb 14-20: Gartner 2016 MQ for Advanced Analytics: gainers and losers; 21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Q&A
- Feb 21, 2016.
21 Must-Know Data Science Interview Questions and Answers; Gartner 2016 Magic Quadrant for Advanced Analytics Platforms; The Next Big Inflection in Big Data: Automated Insights; Opening Up Deep Learning For Everyone.
- Top stories for Feb 7-13: Top 10 TED Talks for the Data Scientists; Easy Deep Learning with TensorFlow and Scikit-learn
- Feb 14, 2016.
50+ Data Science and Machine Learning Cheat Sheets; 20 Questions to Detect Fake Data Scientists; Top 10 TED Talks for the Data Scientists; Scikit Flow: Easy Deep Learning with TensorFlow and Scikit-learn.
- Data Scientist Valentine’s Day Collection
- Feb 13, 2016.
We review Data Scientist Valentine's Day options with several topical cartoons, including Scarledoopython, Neural net predictions, and dating algorithm adjustments.
- 9 Must-Have Datasets for Investigating Recommender Systems
- Feb 11, 2016.
Gain some insight into a variety of useful datasets for recommender systems, including data descriptions, appropriate uses, and some practical comparison.
- Big Data 2016: Top Influencers and Brands
- Feb 10, 2016.
Onalytica gives us a new list of the top 100 Big Data influencers and brands, and provides some insight into both the relationships between influencers and their selection methodology.
- Top stories for Jan 31 – Feb 6: Data scientists keep forgetting the one rule; Apache Spark: RDD, DataFrame or Dataset?
- Feb 7, 2016.
20 Q to Detect Fake Data Scientists; TensorFlow Disappoints - Google Deep Learning falls shallow; Data scientists keep forgetting the one rule; Apache Spark: RDD, DataFrame or Dataset?
- Top January stories: 20 Questions to Detect Fake Data Scientists, Machine Intelligence vs. Machine Learning vs. Deep Learning vs. AI
- Feb 5, 2016.
20 Questions to Detect Fake Data Scientists; What Is Machine Intelligence Vs. Machine Learning Vs. Deep Learning Vs. Artificial Intelligence (AI)? 7 Common Data Science Mistakes and How to Avoid Them; What questions can data science answer?
- KDnuggets New Responsive, Mobile-Friendly Design
- Feb 2, 2016.
Check KDnuggets new responsive, mobile-friendly design and different new features, including more ways to access our rich content.
- Cartoon: Deeper Deep Learning
- Feb 1, 2016.
New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at a creative new way of achieving even better results and breaking through Machine Learning barriers with even "deeper" Deep Learning approach.
- Google’s Great Gains in the Grand Game of Go
- Feb 1, 2016.
The game of Go has long stumped AI researchers, and, as such, solving it was thought to be years off. That is, until Google solved it earlier this week. Or did it?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, January: Google Masters Go, Deep Learning Laughs, OpenAI AMA
- Feb 1, 2016.
In January on /r/MachineLearning: Go gets mastered, deep learning laughs, an OpenAI team AMA, convolutional neural nets colorize black and white photos, and the AI community loses a leader.